Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Piece of tile fell off around the pool.

1. Back To Top    #1

Piece of tile fell off around the pool.

Tile that goes around the pool fell off, inground pool. Current white glue.

What time of glue do i use? Also does it need to be dry or can you do it wet? Would only have to drain a couple inches since the tile is on top.

Anyone have a link? Assuming some type of white silicone special too pools.

Hopefully the white matches the current white
    15,000 gallon inground fiberglass pool with spa. 350lb Sand filter, 1.5 hp pump, and heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Piece of tile fell off around the pool.

Curious to see what suggestions are mentioned. I too have to repair a tile that fell off. Probably the best bet is to get a thinset mortar mix that is intended for wet and/or submerged conditions. In fact, I picked up a small tub at Home Depot for $7.00. It should do the trick. At homedepot.com, look up model# TRMW1. Otherwise, I think a good and secure caulk may do the trick as well...something like Dynaflex 230 or a siliconized latex caulk.
    13k Gal. PebbleTec IG pool : Pentair IntelliFlo VS pump : Hayward 8-cartridge filter system : A&A in-floor cleaners : Jandy 115k BTU heat-pump : A&A auto-filler : Stenner 45MPHP10 auto-chlorine feeder : BBB Method

3. Back To Top    #3

Wanna try and use what they original used so the white matches somewhat.
    15,000 gallon inground fiberglass pool with spa. 350lb Sand filter, 1.5 hp pump, and heater

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

25k 20x40 Gunite w/ integrated Spa & Caribbean Blue Plaster, Curved Bluestone Coping, Deck Jets
    Pentair Easy Touch/Wireless, Sta-Rite Intellipro SRVS Pump, Intellibrite Lights, & Pentair IC40 Cell, Sta-Rite 450sf Cartridge filter
    Heated from Central Boiler - Outdoor Wood Furnace & Triangle Tube Max Heat Exchanger
    ColorQ Pro
    TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Piece of tile fell off around the pool.

I just recently used Pool Patch which I bought on Amazon Smile (with Troublefree Pool as the beneficiary). Like how I did that? There are separate grout and patch products. Mixed up and worked well.
    I've seen Laticrete above mentioned frequently. I like the small portions of the Pool Patch, though that may not be unique.
    And for Pooldv's sake, yes they are still attached!
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

The current one is more of a rubber flexible silicone. Any idea?

7. Back To Top    #7

Smooth2222, I just reattached my tile last night using the mortar as mentioned in my previous post. The tiny job went well but it was getting dark. I mixed a small amount of the mortar and loaded it into a used caulk tube. Oh, and the mortar is white, so even though it's not grout per se, it should match if some peeks out around the existing grout lines. Today after work I plan on finishing up the job. I then can give my final recommendation.
    13k Gal. PebbleTec IG pool : Pentair IntelliFlo VS pump : Hayward 8-cartridge filter system : A&A in-floor cleaners : Jandy 115k BTU heat-pump : A&A auto-filler : Stenner 45MPHP10 auto-chlorine feeder : BBB Method

8. Back To Top    #8

That mortar worked well. It also isn't very gritty/sandy and is white, therefore it matches the existing grout.

EDIT (5/14/17): So far I've had to to repair 18 tiles!