Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PAC FAB Multiport valve

1. Back To Top    #1

PAC FAB Multiport valve

I have an old PAC FAB Model "SP710 Sand" multi-port valve on my filter. It has started to leak in various positions. I reasonably believe that the Spider gasket is in need of replacement. Problem is it is an old valve and I'm having difficulty locating parts. I have been going back and forth with INYO and they have been referring me to a HAYWARD valve of similar model number, I am hesitant to go with this as I believe that PAC FAB was bought out by Pentair some time ago. Does anyone here know if maybe PAC Fab, or Hayward are the same just re-branded valves?
    I have added a picture for reference.

Last edited by ump107; 04-30-2017 at 11:43 PM. Reason: image issues
    20500 gallon Grecian type 2 pool built in 1980's, Vinyl liner approx 2001
    2 Skimmers, 1 Dedicated Vac Line and 3 returns
    PureLine Prime PL2601 Pump - Hayward in line Chlorinator
    Triton TR-60 Sand filter
    Dolphin M3 robot, TF-100 with XL option & Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PAC FAB Multiport valve

You have already talked to who we would send you to. inyopool is our go to for this kind of thing. They handle this kind of stuff every day. Put your trust in them and do what they say.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: PAC FAB Multiport valve

Unfortunately I can't see pictures that are hosted on Photobucket, but Pac-Fab was bought by Pentair.

Your valve should be a 261055. The spider gasket is a 271148.

Take a look at the following thread and see if it looks like your valve. https://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...ol-valve-parts
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit