el duderino

Jun 15, 2008
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just finished wiring up my Stenner pump. Like most guys, I read the directions after I mounted the pump to my brick wall. I mounted the pump for convenience, and it turns out it is slightly below the top of the tank (which most likely won't be filled). With the back flow preventer in the pump, is this an issue? I can fairly easily move it's location. I'll try to add some pics once I can.

It should work fine. I have mine mounted about 2 feet above the top of a 55gal drum that I keep my chlorine in, and it works like a charm.

As Ron said, it won't be a problem. The only reason to mount it above the vessel is to provide a drain from the pump head back into the drum in case of a pump tube rupture. With bleach, it isn't much of a concern if you spill a little. I doubt most pool owners even bother with the pump head drain.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.