Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stenner Pump Chlorine DIY Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Stenner Pump Chlorine DIY Question

I just finished wiring up my Stenner pump. Like most guys, I read the directions after I mounted the pump to my brick wall. I mounted the pump for convenience, and it turns out it is slightly below the top of the tank (which most likely won't be filled). With the back flow preventer in the pump, is this an issue? I can fairly easily move it's location. I'll try to add some pics once I can.
    Our pool- (Completed March 2009)
    20k gallons, 38x15 Free Form Gunite (3.5'-8'), 26' Negative Edge and 7' Negative Edge spa with blower, Midnight Blue Diamondbrite, AquaLogic PS-8 control, Goldline Salt Chlorine Generator, 2x1.5hp Pentair 2 speed pumps, Pentair DE Filter, Pentair 400k BTU Heater, and BlackMaxPolaris 280 w/ Hayward booster pump, Pentair Prowler 920, DIY Stenner Chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stenner Pump Chlorine DIY Question

It should work fine. I have mine mounted about 2 feet above the top of a 55gal drum that I keep my chlorine in, and it works like a charm.
    14600 gal Intex 24' Round 52" deep AG Pool (Heavily Modified)
    200lb sand filter w/2 speed 1.5/0.5hp pump
    Stenner 45MHP10 Liquid Chlorine (well... bleach) Injector. Borates added.
    K-2006 test kit w/Speedstir
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

As Ron said, it won't be a problem. The only reason to mount it above the vessel is to provide a drain from the pump head back into the drum in case of a pump tube rupture. With bleach, it isn't much of a concern if you spill a little. I doubt most pool owners even bother with the pump head drain.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

What did you use to mount the pump to the brick?
    16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

el,

Why did you get rid of the Goldline salt generator?
    38,000 gallon vinyl liner, True "L", Sand Filter, Hayward Heater, Diving Board

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    What did you use to mount the pump to the brick?
    I mounted mine to brick and just used a concrete drill bit and a couple of blue Tapcon screws. Took two minutes.
    Greg -
    11K gal, IG Pebble Sheen (Aqua Blue) with sun ledge and attached spa, Pentair Intelliflow 3050 VS/SVRS (3HP), Pentair ET 8 with Screen Logic, Pentair Racer with 3/4 HP booster pump, 400KBTU Pentair Mastertemp, Pentair 60 sq ft DE filter, J&J Intellibrite LED in spa, Zodiac Nature 2 (not used), Stenner pump/liquid Chlorine, build completed in August 2015

7. Back To Top    #7

I used Red Head sleeve anchors and a 1/4" masonry bit.

20k gallons, 38x15 Free Form Gunite (3.5'-8'), 26' Negative Edge and 7' Negative Edge spa with blower, Midnight Blue Diamondbrite, AquaLogic PS-8 control, Goldline Salt Chlorine Generator, 2x1.5hp Pentair 2 speed pumps, Pentair DE Filter, Pentair 400k BTU Heater, and BlackMaxPolaris 280 w/ Hayward booster pump, Pentair Prowler 920, DIY Stenner Chlorinator

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRJGR View Post
    el,

Why did you get rid of the Goldline salt generator?
    The salt was destroying our stone decking and rusting everything in sight. I loved the convenience and water feel but all the stone pitting was too much to handle.

9. Back To Top    #9

I used Tapcon's to mount my Stenner also. They work great in the mortar joints.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

wow...thats disturbing...
    38,000 gallon vinyl liner, True "L", Sand Filter, Hayward Heater, Diving Board

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRJGR View Post
    wow...thats disturbing...
    Not necessarily a problem you will deal with in NJ. The issues with natural stone seem to be concentrated in the southwest US, mainly Texas
    TFP Moderator

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

Support the site