Seacoast, NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Forgive me if this info is in Pool School, but I haven't been able to find it.

When I'm testing the chlorine levels, do I use a level tiny spponful, a heaping one, or something in between. I've been using a level spoonful.

All of the above. You want enough to cause a definite pink color. The exact amount is not really THAT critical. I start with a slightly rounded spoon and if i don't get a pink color i add another. If I KNOW my chlorine is very high because i am shocking the pool then I start with a heaping spoon.

SMWill42 said:
A heaping one. Just make sure you don't use the paddle side. Use the bowl side or you will be wasting it.
"splain that please :scratch: Its flat, no bowl to it. One side is really flat, other side has curved sides. Which side do you use.????

OMG :shock: I just went and looked at my scooper. No wonder I ran out of the DPD. I was scooping with the other end :hammer:
Just another rookie mistake. :-D And the bad thing is, I ordered 2 of the DPD :oops:
Hurry Dave :lol:

frustratedpoolmom said:
I did that too at first. I don't think it's uncommon to make that mistake.... :wink:

Waterbear posted something about vacume sealing the DPD powder to save it for later. Any chance you can do something like that?
The FoodSaver is one of the BEST appliances I have ever bought! I keep finding new uses for it. :wink:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Deb04 said:
Forgive me if this info is in Pool School, but I haven't been able to find it.

When I'm testing the chlorine levels, do I use a level tiny spponful, a heaping one, or something in between. I've been using a level spoonful.
As waterbear points out, the amount is not critical as long as you use enough. It is an odd property of that powder that you can't use too much of it. Too little, however, will cause inconsistent results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.