Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How do I adjust ladder height?

1. Back To Top    #1

How do I adjust ladder height?

Scored some cake steps and a sturdy ladder off a Facebook swap group for $50 yesterday. We've adjusted the ladder height down, but there are 2 poles that go under it and I'm not sure how they work. Do I need to cut them down?

18' x 48" Intex Ultra Frame AGP, ~6,500 gal
    Hayward Perflex EC40 DE Filter, 2 speed 1HP pump, generic brand, through the wall wide mouth skimmer
    Test kit will all the required juices and powders plus the stir monster

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How do I adjust ladder height?

I am not sure what the poles are you are talking about. Can you share a pic please?

Do you have the pole that goes in the wedding cake steps?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I had a ladder like that a long time ago (not the exact one, but similar and with the two support poles). The ladder platform gets fastened to the top rail of the pool usually by a couple of bolts and the two support poles go on the outside of the pool between the pool wall and the outer steps (which may be removable or rotate up out of the way for "safety") They are strange and wobbly and I always hated that ladder. It is not safe to be free standing, even with the support poles, you have to fasten it to the pool itself in some way. The support poles should be pretty easy to cut with a hack saw or even a pruning saw but make sure you want to do it as it may be hard to find anything else that will fit in the frame and the base.

The view in your photo has the outer ladder facing the photographer, the side that goes in the pool is towards the back. I am not sure that ladder will work with an Intex because of the need to bolt the platform to the top rail. I am using the part of mine that was removable in combination with a Confer stair. I just put some pool noodle/foam pipe insulation at the top where it leaned against the pool rail and it worked fine for two years. I am going to try switching the stairs to the outside and the ladder part inside since it is easier to clean.
    somewhere around 6,800 gal 18 x 4 foot round Intex Ultra Frame AG, finished filling August 29, 2013. toy pump w/ "A" cartridge up and running next day --- July 2015 upgraded to Krystal Clear 3000 GPH pump and 16" sand filter --- May 2016 Intex auto cleaner and in July salt system and Hayward skimmer

4. Back To Top    #4

I just dug down, so that the poles would sit right, I didn't have to cut the poles.

Intex 20'x48" ultra frame pool. Pro line DE filter 3/4 hp pump