LA Pool build

Mar 4, 2017
CA
Hi everyone. I have been lurking for a while. This forum is a wealth of great information and a super community. I thought I would share our build in LA. We are due to finish in the next 6 weeks.

We we live on the mountain and have encountered a few challenges with planning but we are through it. We have a small garden/yard around 10k sq ft so have had to be creative with space and equipment location planning. We have tried to incorporate a modern design for the pool to flow with the mid century modern design of our house.

HI! I so want to see your pics but it takes quite a while for them to download....IF you go back and use the IMG code they will show up right inside the post. That will also give you a chance to write all of the special details and such for each one. I can't wait to see them!

Kim:kim:

It's charcoal concrete, we are going to polish it to expose a little bit of aggregate then seal with a wet sealant to bring out a sparkle. The inlays to the bar will be a silver birch wood look porcelain tile. The firepit will be sangria red glass beads to hopefully make it pop. :)

We continue with progress, hoping to be complete by the end of the month.

The Bench to hide the pool equipment is nearly complete. Stucco the inside and Tile the outside to match the Bar.

Our Tile

The important bit (Bar)

That's all for now

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Interesting color picks...........hummmmmmmmm do you have any of the tile not attached yet? Ask for the grout color sticks to bring home. Put both colors between them outside where the tile will be. Take pics and share them. We will help you pick.

Interesting color picks...........hummmmmmmmm do you have any of the tile not attached yet? Ask for the grout color sticks to bring home. Put both colors between them outside where the tile will be. Take pics and share them. We will help you pick.

Hi Kim. The grout color sticks are next to the tile. Black, gray and brown. I don't like the brown.

NO to the brown for sure! yuck!

I am really surprised that I like the black so much! It would be hard to pick one. Both the dark gray and black would look great! Throw them up into the air and see which one lands in side a circle to pick :roll: LOL

Thanks for the comments and advice. I am going to have some samples made so we can decide for sure. I love the black but a contrast might work also. It's a first world problem nevertheless. ��

We are edging closer to completion...

Equipment Bench is tiled. Concrete is to be lightly polished and sealed.

The important bit

We chose a Charcoal grout as the black would have been too much of a contrast with the plaster finish. (We haven't decided what we are doing with plaster yet.)

All prepped and ready for rebar

Stainless Steel covers are installed over the water channels, this provides a form for the concrete to be poured into.

Forms for deck are being constructed. Deck should be completed by the end of this week. We are going for Pewter color concrete to frame the pool. The wooden stakes will create a channel in the pool deck surround which we will fill with artificial turf to break up the hard scape.

Things to do.

Irrigation is being installed. (Rachio System)
Electrics and soft lighting to be installed. (Under bar and a few trees)
Sub Panel to be upgraded to 200A
New electric panel to be installed in the bench
Equipment to be installed in the bench
Turf to be installed
Deck to be poured
Plaster to be applied
Queen Palm to be planted next to bench to provide shade.
Firepit and BBQ to be hooked up
Some other stuff that I cannot think of at the moment...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.