Skimmer Sock

Jun 2, 2009
I used the SLAM method on my pool this year. Worked great. No one helped me cover pool. I wont let that happen again. Finished process a few weeks ago.

FC 5
PH 7.4
TA 90
CYA 70

I have a TF 100 test kit. CYA is a little high.
Pool looks pretty good, have some dead algae on bottom that I should vacuum up. it appears brown like sand. I have been brushing it couple times a day to hopefully let sand filter take care of. I have added a little DE to sand filter. Concern is skimmer sock is catching green algae ? Dont see any green color in pool, am I on the verge of an algae bloom? Should perform ONCLT ?

Also sand is 8 yrs old , consider changing it ? Heard it could start channeling, also read where u can take top off and push water hose in sand gently.

Attachments

• IMG_5701.jpg
    IMG_5701.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_5702 (1).jpg
    IMG_5702 (1).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 132
That sock is talking to you! It is telling you there is still some algae in your water somewhere :( How often do you clean that sock? The stuff on the bottom is dead or almost dead algae. It needs to come up and out by vacuuming. I would do the OCLT just to see what it shows BUT the sock is telling you your pool is in need of another round of SLAMing.

Kim:kim:

I understand how the filter deep clean makes one feel as if they are accomplishing something, but that's what backwash is for no? The water leaves the laterals on top and the bottom and in essence lifts the sand up and cleans it. The rinse resettles the sand into place so you then put into filter mode.

That green on the the sock sure appears to be algae, but is it possible it's also pollen? Be vary careful of socks in the spring time. They can and do become so loaded with pollen that they won't allow any water to pass thru at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.