Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool rake for plaster

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool rake for plaster

I was given a pool rake that will not slide easily on my pool's plaster finish. The rake has a rubber-ish leading edge. So it's like trying to push a piece of rubber along asphalt--impossible to do smoothly. I thought maybe the rake I was given might be best suited for a smooth vinyl, but Googling hasn't really confirmed this.

Can you recommend a pool rake that would be appropriate for a sort-of rough plaster pool?
    In-ground, 18' x 26', 33,000gal, raypack propane heater, Hayward S244T sand filter, Hayward SuperPump 1.0hp, 1-1/2" typical plumbing

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool rake for plaster

Mine works well on the pebble. It has an aluminum frame and a hard plastic leading edge. Sort of like this, Pool Pals Pro Stinger Leaf Rake LN4000
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

You should be pulling the rake, not pushing it.
    20K gal In-ground pool with raised Spa overflowing into pool; two Jandy Sheer Descent waterfalls; Pentair IntelliTouch i7+3, IntelliChlor, IntelliPH, 3 SAM/SAL lights, Pentair FNS60Plus filter, two 1.0 HP WhiperFlow pumps, Jandy/Compool auto-valves, RayPak Heatpump, RayPak 406A LP spa heater, Polaris 360 PS Cleaner. Patio and deck lighting by Volt; Volt 600W landscaping transformer; Webber grilling station

4. Back To Top    #4

Interesting, I push mine too.
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

How do you pull a leaf lake? I can't picture that?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Bumkin may be thinking pulling on the surface, but this is pushing or scooping up debris on the floor of the pool with the net.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak (Rheem, Rudd), Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    How do you pull a leaf lake? I can't picture that?
    I was making a not-so-funny joke - thinking of how a garden rake is used in dirt. Sounded funny in my head. Sorry.
    20K gal In-ground pool with raised Spa overflowing into pool; two Jandy Sheer Descent waterfalls; Pentair IntelliTouch i7+3, IntelliChlor, IntelliPH, 3 SAM/SAL lights, Pentair FNS60Plus filter, two 1.0 HP WhiperFlow pumps, Jandy/Compool auto-valves, RayPak Heatpump, RayPak 406A LP spa heater, Polaris 360 PS Cleaner. Patio and deck lighting by Volt; Volt 600W landscaping transformer; Webber grilling station

8. Back To Top    #8

LOL! OK, I'll laugh with you on that.
    TFP Moderator