Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Putting first pool up!

1. Back To Top    #1

Putting first pool up!

Putting my first pool up and was wondering how big the cove should be right now it's 6" high and slopes out to 16" total from wall is that too much? I am putting a unibead liner on Thanks in advanceIMG_4064.jpg
    27' AGP, gorilla pad, 52" deep, circu pool sj40 SWG, Hayward s220t sand filter and 1.5hp Hayward pump, diy solar panels 600' 1/2" tubing

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Putting first pool up!

Might want to put down some sand in there. On the above ground pool I put up years ago I used the pre-fab material coping which worked out well. I also used a pre-fab mat for the bottom of the pool which I also would recommend.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

3. Back To Top    #3

My soil is sand already but I am planning on putting a liner pad down also my questions is about the coping if it is too big or ok?
    27' AGP, gorilla pad, 52" deep, circu pool sj40 SWG, Hayward s220t sand filter and 1.5hp Hayward pump, diy solar panels 600' 1/2" tubing

4. Back To Top    #4

On a 27' pool you are fine. I might not have extend that far in because it may make standing by the edge with my margarita difficult. But what you have is ok
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by gwegan View Post
    On a 27' pool you are fine
    I just don't want wrinkles in the liner because there's really no adjustments on the multi Bead liner didn't know if it was to big

6. Back To Top    #6

You might want to consider the steps you will be putting in the pool, if any, and how they will fit on or around the cove. Some steps are "notched" or rounded in the back where they will sit above the cove but others might be flat. You can change the cove shape where any steps might be placed.
    24' x 52" 13.5K gal. Doughboy Autumn Breeze AG pool. Pentair CC200 Cartridge Filter. Pentair Dynamo 1HP 2 speed pump. Dolphin E-10 robot. TF-100 Test Kit. Confer CCX-AG with curve add on pool steps. My Pool Build.