Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Floating liner question

1. Back To Top    #1

Floating liner question

We got hit with massive rain for the last week and my liner floated.

I have been gently and slowly coaxing it back into place all morning. The shallow end is back under water but still floating. Can I turn the pump back on to start filtering or should I wait? I have everywhere else back into place but still has some water under it and I can still push it around with my brush.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s300i robot, Raypak 406k Heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Floating liner question

I've had a similar issue down here in Little Rock. I still have a fair amount of bubbling, but my liner is staying in place for the most part. This is our first spring with a pool, so I can't offer much advice, but I can certainly empathize.

How's your situation this evening?

Philip
    20,000 Gal IGP, Vinyl Liner, 1.5 HP Century Pump, Hayward S244T Sand Filter
    Polaris 360 Pressure Vacuum, 3 Wall Returns and 2 on Stairs, 1 Skimmer and 1 Main Drain
    Borates in the Water, Duda Bags and DE as Needed to Augment Filtration
    Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes you can start filtering again. Give it 30 minutes and see if there is any movement.

You need to strongly consider a french drain or dry wells to deal with the water. If it happens once it will again.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by gwegan View Post
    Yes you can start filtering again. Give it 30 minutes and see if there is any movement.

You need to strongly consider a french drain or dry wells to deal with the water. If it happens once it will again.
    I have everything back in place and the filter has been running. We have been hit with torrential rain. The area has been declared a disaster area.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s300i robot, Raypak 406k Heater.