Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bluetooth Audio Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Bluetooth Audio Question

Hi

Im trying to use my indoor AV receiver to power my outdoor speakers, so that during a party the sound is consistent inside and outside. I have the wiring all set my issue is that Bluetooth range is so limited that if the phone connected is outside I get breakups of audio quality.

Has anyone found a Bluetooth extender ? Amplifier ?

Ive even looked at like a sonos device that has Bluetooth that I could mount outside and somehow it would send the audio signal back inside to the Receiver...

The distance between the pool deck and the receiver is MAYBE 20-25 feet LOS . If I leave the phone on the window sill at the house the audio is ok. I was hoping to be able to have the phone(s) on the tables on the deck ...

Any ideas ? Suggestions ?
    Doug - Purchased 1/2016, 1995 house with 16x31 ft, ~23000 gallon Gunite pool w 11x7 spa, 3 Pentair VS pumps, a boost pump for polaris 3900 and a BaduŽ Jet super-sport swim jet pump, 1.5 hp blower, a CL460 Cartridge filter. TF-100 test kit. Aquapure 1400 SWG, iAqualink - Lots to learn. New Aquabright, Jandy LEDs, CMP LED Sheers.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bluetooth Audio Question

I have the same setup
    Only my AV receiver was not Bluetooth
    I bought a Bluetooth adapter for 20 bucks on Amazon and it has a range of 50 feet
    My patio is on the other side of the living room were my AV receiver is located
    So it works great (my phone is typically about 20-30 feet away)
    It will only play analog signals (which for me is ok since I am using it to stream music from my phone)

11,300 gal/ IG - Pebble tech pool & Spa / DE - Hayward Filter/2.0 HP pump single speed / Hayward cleaner/ built in early 2000's by California Pools / Taylor K2006 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

FYI----------Sonos is wifi.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Newton4mark View Post
    I have the same setup
    Only my AV receiver was not Bluetooth
    I bought a Bluetooth adapter for 20 bucks on Amazon and it has a range of 50 feet
    My patio is on the other side of the living room were my AV receiver is located
    So it works great (my phone is typically about 20-30 feet away)
    It will only play analog signals (which for me is ok since I am using it to stream music from my phone)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1 on this adapter. I have the same thing on a receiver in my garage and I don't lose signal from my phone 50' - 60' from the outside of the garage. Just make sure sure nothing else is blocking the path between your phone and this adapter when at longer distances, including your body. At far distances it will break up if I get between the phone and the line of sight to the garage.
    24' x 52" 13.5K gal. Doughboy Autumn Breeze AG pool. Pentair CC200 Cartridge Filter. Pentair Dynamo 1HP 2 speed pump. Dolphin E-10 robot. TF-100 Test Kit. Confer CCX-AG with curve add on pool steps. My Pool Build.

5. Back To Top    #5

I had tried a logitech bluetooth adapter
    https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-980-...tooth+receiver
    on an older receiver and had the same kind of poor distance

The AV receiver Im using has BT built in .. but for $20 it might be worth trying this one ...
    But the reviews state that it turns itself off after a while - I would MUCH rather have one that is on all the time
    Ill look for one that is USB powered and on all the time
    Doug - Purchased 1/2016, 1995 house with 16x31 ft, ~23000 gallon Gunite pool w 11x7 spa, 3 Pentair VS pumps, a boost pump for polaris 3900 and a BaduŽ Jet super-sport swim jet pump, 1.5 hp blower, a CL460 Cartridge filter. TF-100 test kit. Aquapure 1400 SWG, iAqualink - Lots to learn. New Aquabright, Jandy LEDs, CMP LED Sheers.

6. Back To Top    #6

I also have the roverbeats unify adapter and used it for a few years without issue. I now have an Amazon Echo Dot in its place, but no complaints on that little adapter!

25,000 Gal IG Vinyl, Hayward Star Clear II C-800 75 SqFt Cartridge Filter, 3/4 pump

7. Back To Top    #7

It will turn itself off it you dissconnect for a period of time

So you have to turn it back on each time you use it
    Not a big deal
    As long as it is connected it won't shut off

11,300 gal/ IG - Pebble tech pool & Spa / DE - Hayward Filter/2.0 HP pump single speed / Hayward cleaner/ built in early 2000's by California Pools / Taylor K2006 test kit