Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Buying pebble tec samples online?

1. Back To Top    #1

Buying pebble tec samples online?

I came accross this website samples.pebbletec.com and was wondering if anyone knows if it is a trusted source for samples. I am looking for a few samples of our top 2 choices (aqua blue luminous and white diamonds luminous). Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Buying pebble tec samples online?

Yes, that is the pebbletec website. The real deal.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Rag,

The samples may work for color, but I found they are useless for texture. You really need to "put your feet" in the real thing to make sure you understand what the finished feels like.

Your pool builder should be able to arrange a tour at some of the pools he has already finished.

The samples that were given to me felt pretty smooth, but the actual texture in the pool is more like sandpaper.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

I think I would have added the Luminous to our Aqua Blue Sheen if they had offered it a few years ago. I like the look.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

5. Back To Top    #5

This is a good point. I found that the samples of pebblesheen feel smoother than pebbletec (which has larger pebbles) but in a pool, the pebbletec feels less abrasive.

We opted for pebbletec sight unseen at the time we ordered and fortunately are happy with it. I think it feels smooth to the hand or foot but you wouldn't want to scrape a wet knee or elbow against it. That said, I find pools with older plaster (in need of refinishing) to be much more abrasive than any pebbletec product.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    Rag,

The samples may work for color, but I found they are useless for texture. You really need to "put your feet" in the real thing to make sure you understand what the finished feels like.

Your pool builder should be able to arrange a tour at some of the pools he has already finished.

The samples that were given to me felt pretty smooth, but the actual texture in the pool is more like sandpaper.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    IG Gunite 20x40 pool with Pebbletec finish (Tahoe blue with luminous glass in mixed jade); Pentair DE Filter and Pump; Intellibrite LED lights; RayPac 8350 Heat and Cool Heat Pump; NPT Arctic Ice glass tile; Coverstar autocover; Cambridge Renaissance Pavers in Onyx Lite; bluestone coping.

6. Back To Top    #6

I thought you had to be a pool builder or in the industry to buy them? I tried to purchase the pebblesheen samples online, but was unable to. :/