CH Test

Mar 17, 2015
Georgia
For some reason adding another drop of R-0011L seems to help me with the color shift to blue. Is there anything wrong with accuracy by adding another drop? Even thought about adding 2 drops of R-0011L to see what happens.

Yes I had been using the default 3 drops of R-0011L with 10ml water but decided to try an extra drop. My CH test has never just crisply turned from red to blue as far as I can remember. Always have a purple before getting there, at least that's what my memory says. My reagent is getting old too though. I have some new on the way.

Yes I had been using the default 3 drops of R-0011L with 10ml water but decided to try an extra drop. My CH test has never just crisply turned from red to blue as far as I can remember. Always have a purple before getting there, at least that's what my memory says. My reagent is getting old too though. I have some new on the way.
Mine takes a long time to go from red to blue, too. The speedstir helps a lot with the intermediate colors. Another cycle will push usually push it one way or the other.

You can go 5 no problem. It helps on this test and the same with TA. Put a few extra drops in there and see if it helps. It will no hurt your results at all on these two.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.