How to test a pressure gauge?

Steve456

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
Texas
I believe that my current sand filter pressure gauge is not showing the correct pressure. I am considering purchasing a new pressure gauge. However, how can you determine if a pressure gauge is working correctly? While it is not critical for a gauge to be exact if it does not measure pressure within industry standards I would like to return it for a better gauge. The pressure on my sand filter increases slowly. Pool stores are not receptive to accepting a return after six months. How can you increase the pressure to determine if the gauge shows an increase the first day?

I am not experiencing any water balancing problems. I cannot determine when to backwash; the gauge has increased from 22 to 23 over 6 weeks.

Hi, Steve,

They're about 6-8 bucks so the path of least resistance is simply to buy another. If it shows the same psi, store it away.....you'll need it sooner or later.....they typically don't last too long.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.