Ok im totally confused

mepcards

Sep 15, 2015
mesquite,tx
I did the overnight test and my chlorine was exactly the same this morning as it was at 10pm the previous night. I vacuumed everything up, and not 15 minutes later, spots were showing back up...And its not just on pool floor where wrinkles are, its also in smooth places. Now I just tested chlorine again, and it went from 22.5 down to 17 FROM THIS MORNING, and we have had mostly cloudy skies, and I did no backwash, only because pressure is still good, and someone told me to not backwash as much, for it helps my sand filter to catch debris...Only backwash when psi rises by 10..Now we are expecting storms, but my PH level rose to 7.8, and I actually used PH down a few days ago, but did nothing..Only reason I used that was because I already had in my prev store purchases..Should I wait til after the rain to use muric acid to lower PH? Oh wait....last night I actually had it at slam level, so the PH reading is false..My bad...Ill wait...

FC=17
CC=0
PH=7.8
CYA=50
ALK=120

First, you should backwash when the pressure rises 20-25% over the clean pressure. Waiting for a 10psi rise is WAY too long and will lower efficiency.
Second, when FC > 10ppm, the pH test can not be trusted and it will be artificially high ... oops just read to the end, so you knew this :goodjob:

Now the FC drop ... was the pump running overnight?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.