1st Test

kmb997

Jun 13, 2007
New Orleans
I just finished upgrading the plumbing, pump and filter on my Intex 18' metal frame. My first tests were with the TF-100. No chemicals have been added, yet.
Cl - 0
pH - 7.5 or 8.5 (Don't remember exactly what's on the tube, right now, and couldn't make out the color between the two)
Alk - 120
CYA - Didn't test for this because I'm sure I don't have any.

My filter pressure started out at 8 and went to 11 in about 30 minutes. Is this because my water is that dirty or because of the couple of small leaks in the plumbing that I have to fix? Should I start adding bleach and cya now. I didn't add, yet, because I don't want to keep the filter on with the pressure rising that fast.

If the filter pressure stabalizes at 11 or 12 then I wouldn't worry about it. If it keeps going up at that rate then you have a problem.

You should add bleach each evening starting right away. You won't be able to hold a chlorine level during the day without some CYA. You will know tonight if you really have a filter problem or not, so you can wait for that before proceeding.

Well, I turned everything off last night and all day today because I didn't know if the rising pressure would cause any damage. I'm still at work so I probably won't be able to check tonight because I will be going to sleep when I get home. I guess I'll turn it on tomorrow morning and go home for lunch to see how everything is going. Do you think everything will be alright if I do that? Go to work tomorrow at 7 and home for lunch sometime between 11 and 1.

You won't damage anything. Constant speed pump will max out before it exceeds any limits on piping, filter, etc. Pressure rise is most likely due to dirt, algae, etc. Highly recommend some chlorine in your pool ASAP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.