Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sight Glass has green algae visible

1. Back To Top    #1

Sight Glass has green algae visible

Hello TFP friends!

First let me say again what a great wealth of knowledge for pool owners. Many kudos to those that created it and keep it running!

I've just noticed for the first time that there is algae visible in the backwash sight glass. Is this normal? How should i address it?

Thanks!

Matt- IG gunite pool and spa built Summer 2016: 32' x 20' overall with two 4' x 8' tanning ledges. 6'x6' attached spa with spillover. Depth 3' to 5' to 4'. 16.4K gal. Lueders Limestone retaining wall and coping. Equip: Pentair SVRS vari. speed pump. Pentair 60 sq. ft. DE filter. Pentair Kreepy Crawly Plat. cleaner. Pentair MasterTemp 400,000 BTU NG heater. 1.5 HP spa air blower. Nature2 Sanitizer. Taylor K-206C. My 2016 Build

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sight Glass has green algae visible

Happens in mine too, it should only see what when backwashing, then the water is trapped and algae can grow. Just unscrew it and clean it out of it bothers you.

I think it should eventually dry out. If it does not, then the valve could be leaking a little to backwash. Pull the vial off and leave it off and see if there remains water in there.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!