Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool slide inground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool slide inground pool

Does anyone know what would cause my slide not to have enough pressure to push water up slide? I'm wondering if I replaced the pump with the wrong size. It used to work with old pump.
    Inground 35,900 gal, Hayward sand filter, Hayward 1.5 HP pump, well water, vinyl liner, test kit is TF-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool slide inground pool

Do you still have the old pump? Do you have ANY idea what size your old pump was?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

K,

Normally there is some type of adjustment valve in the line going to the slide..

You may just need to adjust it.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

where would the adjustment valve be? The only thing I ever did was open a gate valve and It worked. I trashed my old pump so I don't know the hp power but I thought I bought the exact replacement. I did however block one of the return jets and it worked fine. However I have never had to do that before.
    Inground 35,900 gal, Hayward sand filter, Hayward 1.5 HP pump, well water, vinyl liner, test kit is TF-2006

5. Back To Top    #5

We don't have any adjustment on our slide, I've often wondered if it was luck, skill, experience, or a little of all three that the builder got the pressure just right for the slide. When the slide stops working for us, it means it is time to backwash the filter. Have you backwashed recently?
    20,000gal in-ground 16x36 sentry pools vinyl liner, Pentair sand filter, Pentair minimax NT heater, auto-cover, Polaris 280 cleaner.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Klester View Post
    where would the adjustment valve be? The only thing I ever did was open a gate valve and It worked. I trashed my old pump so I don't know the hp power but I thought I bought the exact replacement. I did however block one of the return jets and it worked fine. However I have never had to do that before.
    You could have an adjustment valve in multiple locations. For example, my slide has one at the base of the slide and there's another one back by the pool pump. I always leave the one at the base of my slide open and adjust how much water goes to the slide and my deck jets at the pump area.

Do you know if you have a dedicated pipe to your slide from the pool pump area? Or is it just plumbed in with your return lines?

Make sure you unblock your return line when not using the slide so your water circulates properly.
    Southern CA 30K gal Pebble Pentair WhisperFlo 1HP 2 speed Hayward DE6020 filter Paramount Debris Canister Goldline/Hayward AquaRite Pro SWG (T-CELL 15) Sense & Dispense (acid) Pentair IntelliBrite 5G and GloBrite Inter-Fab G-Force slide Jandy deck jets Lion head spout Dolphin Premier Cleaner Taylor K-2006 test kit