Circupool RJ series vs. SJ (Best Value?)

Jul 1, 2013
Cincinnati OH
I've pretty muched narrowed my SWG purchase down to a Circupool SJ55, RJ45, RJ60 (or the plus RJ versions of the same model).

Can anyone speak to the value provided by the extra controls and feedback on the RJ units. It looks like you get the following.

- Better incremental power control
- Temperature readout
- Real time salt level readout
- Power output to better understand how the cell is working

Is this correct and more importantly have you found these additional features to add real value?

I'm going to go with the RJ and thinking the additional cost for the 60 vs. the 45 is worth it ensure enough sanitation power to not have to screw with clorine and run the unit at relatively low power and hopefully get more life.

Any thoughts on the plus option? From my research it does sound as if there is an actual difference in the cell (thicker layer of titanium) and not just a warranty increase.

Just got off the phone discount salt pool. He felt the RJ45 would give me more than enough salinity power and the additional cost of the RJ60 and the plus option wouldn't provide much more value.

Saves me some coin....so I'm incline to go with his advice. Anyone have a difference experience with needing more than 2x the gallon rating of your pool?

In every case, buy the largest cell. The extra capacity means it will last much longer and you won't be required to run your pump as much. You can always turn a SWG down or shorten its run time. The larger cell is also the most economical, in terms of cost per total quantity of chlorine produced.

In every case, buy the largest cell. The extra capacity means it will last much longer and you won't be required to run your pump as much. You can always turn a SWG down or shorten its run time. The larger cell is also the most economical, in terms of cost per total quantity of chlorine produced.

Chiefwej...you have a very similar size pool as I do and you have a T-15 which produces 1.5 lbs/24 hours of chlorine right? Have you found this to be more than enough in all situations? Do you wish you had more, so that you could run your pump for shorter periods of time?

The RJ45 is rated for 2.0 lbs/24 hours and the RJ60 is rated for 3.1 lbs/24 hours.

I've pretty much decided with only running in the summer months and running at, hopefully, well below 100% on either of these units that I don't need the extended cell life of the plus.

So it's now just down to whether the additional sanitation power of the RJ60 provides me $150 additional in value.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I went with the SJ over the RJ. My goal with adding an SWG was to simplify my interaction with the pool, so I didn't see a need for the extra controls and information. By varying the run-time and output level, I can hit any chlorine level I need (I made a simple excel spreadsheet where I plug in the daily chlorine PPM target and it gives me options on run-time and output settings to hit that).

The SJ is super simple. The only option is to vary chlorine output in 25% increments. It tells you it's on, tells you what polarity it's running, and tells you that "something" is wrong - but that's it. I'm a data-junkie, so I was very torn on getting a model with -less- info, but I knew if I had the data I'd constantly tinker with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.