Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Build in SC

1. Back To Top    #1

New Build in SC

Starting our build after planning for years. The first step was to retaining wall the entire back yard. Luckily I have friends in the commercial concrete construction industry. We needed to drop the grade of the entire high side of the yard by 21" to create the full to level the low side. To deal with this we created planters off the back patio which will act as the sides of the three 12' wide steps that we will pour. The walls on the left side of the yard had to be 5' high to hold the banks we created in cutting down the yard. I like the look of raw concrete walls, so I sealed them with a lightly tinted sealer. The dig began a week later for our 18x36 rectangle with 6" radius corners, and full length liner over steps. I will update as we go, pretty stoked about the project!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Build in SC

Welcome to TFP! Thanks for sharing your experience. Should be fun to watch.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Build in SC

Welcome! Now that is some RED clay soil you've got there!

Matt- IG gunite pool and spa built Summer 2016: 32' x 20' overall with two 4' x 8' tanning ledges. 6'x6' attached spa with spillover. Depth 3' to 5' to 4'. 16.4K gal. Lueders Limestone retaining wall and coping. Equip: Pentair SVRS vari. speed pump. Pentair 60 sq. ft. DE filter. Pentair Kreepy Crawly Plat. cleaner. Pentair MasterTemp 400,000 BTU NG heater. 1.5 HP spa air blower. Nature2 Sanitizer. Taylor K-206C. My 2016 Build