Cutting the Pool Wall...Eeeeekk but did it. Thanks!! and a QUESTION

Apr 28, 2017
Ft Worth, TX
Hi There,

New to TPR, but I'm already a fan!!
Last summer, it was time to get another Intex Pool. I ordered an 18'x52" online, because it fit the existing pad sight. As many of y'all know from experience, it showed up with the two 1" outlets. Booooo!!

A big "Thank You" for the advice, instructions, and pictures from the brave and knowledgeable souls who CUT THE POOL WALL before and lived to tell and post about it. As of yesterday, I have successfully cut and converted one 1"outlet with a tubethingy to a 1.5" outlet with a gasket strainer and plunger valve.:D

My plan was to convert the other 1"tube outlet as well, and use it for a pool vacuum, but as I read more, I see it's not necessary and have the Intex 2500GPH Pump upgrade and Intex Auto Cleaner on the way. Yay, Amazon Prime!!

QUESTION: What have y'all done with the other 1"tube outlet?? Ideas? Just seal it off, and how? Thought about adapting for a heater, but I don't need a heater in Texas for summer and take down the pool to use the pad site for a fire pit in the winter.

Thanks & Blessings, y'all
Let the pool merriment begin

Hello, PoolMumsy!
Question for you (I am preparing to cut my 12' round intex pool to accommodate the new sand filter) Did you do the cutting while the pool was set-up? Or before it was full of water? I'm just wondering if one way or the other is better.

If anyone reading this has thoughts, I'd love to hear them!

Hi there, PachaMama

Sorry for the delay in reply. I havent figured out notification settings yet.
Actually, I did both with the pool full to just below the valves. the second one was done a few days after the first and I had raised it to that level. It seemed easier, but honestly it could have just been that I was more relaxed.

Hope things go well for you!!
blessings from Texas :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.