Received TF-100 kit, attempted SLAM- still cloudy, What now?

Jarhead6573

Silver Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
Carrollton, Ga
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
IMG_4065.jpgphoto frm this morning. Cloudy, lose sight of top of brush at a depth of 5'-6". Have used TF-100 kit for about 5 days now. keep adding bleach with slow results

morning test results-time 10:36am
FC-1, PH-7.2, TA-100, CH-300, CYA-40, CC-1, Temp 77- added HTH stabilizer last evening to and it brought it up from 30 to 40.
Also, added qty 3- 121oz jugs of bleach per poolmath last evening.

I started with a very dirty, dark, algae pool. Posted 1st thread on 4-17-17 and not sure my numbers were correct. You all suggested test kit and I got that. I attempted a SLAM and did not stay with it so all my efforts have been slowed. The photo is much better than what I started with.
Do I need to slam again, now that I can stay with it???

Can't seem to get FC and CC to proper levels. Have had FC-1 and CC-1 the last week. I have used around 14- 121 oz. bottles of 6% bleach over last 10 days.
I have read the pool school a couple of times. What am I doing wrong.

Also, drained down 14" of water and refilled after getting test kit Will wait to hear from some of you guys before I had more bleach. I have 14- bottles of 8.25% (Wal-Mart) bleach on hand if a "PROPER" slam is required.

I attempted a SLAM and did not stay with it so all my efforts have been slowed.
The SLAM is a continuous process. You need to start the SLAM from scratch and don't quit. Many folks use 80 100 bottle of bleach. You won't need that much but you need to be prepared to keep the bleach at SLAM value until your pool is clear.

You have allowed your FC to drop below even everyday maintenance. You must understand the need for adequate chlorine to clear you pool. The SLAM works. Just use it!

Have you cleaned the filter?

Thanks, duraleigh.

I will start again, didn't realize that some folks use 80-100 bottles. I feel better now.
My FC has been that low since I took the cover off, that's why I was confused because I wasn't seeing results in that area. I did get my CYA up from below 20 or 0 so I have accomplished something.

I'll get back on it track with a slam.

I have cleaned the pump and skimmer filters regularly. I have not replaced the sand in the sand filter in about 4 years.
Starting over now.
Jarhead

Been on Slam for 3 1/2 days. It getting better, Maintaining a shock level of 16 per chart. pool is clearing slightly each day. Seems to have gone from greenish color to just cloudy.

My PH has dropped and holding at 6.8 TA is hanging in at 100

Should I ignore the PH and TA readings until slam is complete or add Borax to raise PH and hopefully get rid of some cloudiness?

Been on Slam for 3 1/2 days. It getting better, Maintaining a shock level of 16 per chart. pool is clearing slightly each day. Seems to have gone from greenish color to just cloudy.

My PH has dropped and holding at 6.8 TA is hanging in at 100

Should I ignore the PH and TA readings until slam is complete or add Borax to raise PH and hopefully get rid of some cloudiness?
Ignore it. Neither problem nor their related chemicals will cloud the water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.