pjk from CT

pjk

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 20, 2009
South Windsor, CT
Hi,

I feel very lucky to have found the TFP. I recently purchased a house with a 2o year old inground vinyl liner pool that need lots of work. The info on this site has helped me open the pool that has not been opened for 2 years. I have been reading the old posts, lots of great info. Thanks for all the wisdom, and hopefully everyone will give me there two cents on renovating my pool

Thanks,

Peter

Here is a picture of my pool. I purchased this house last September. I have got the pool up and running for the summer, hopefully it gets warm enough to swim, water temp is 68. I have ripped out most of the overgrown landscaping about 50 shrubs, replaced the fence, roofed the shed and gazebo, started working on the drainage and water problems including a curtain drain. I poured a pad to place my stand alone hot tub on. It’s a work in progress. My plan is to do what I can during the summer and maintain the pool in usable condition, I hope this will help me determine any unknown problems. Starting this fall I plan to start a total renovation. The main thing I need to address is why the liner is floating and the concrete deck is heaved.

Attachments

• DSC07482.jpg
    DSC07482.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC07462.jpg
    DSC07462.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC07476_edited.jpg
    DSC07476_edited.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 75