Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello, I'm a new pool owner

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello, I'm a new pool owner

Hello, I recently bought a home that came with a nice pool. I have never owned a pool before so I am learning as I go. I am exited about it, but will need your help along the way. Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello, I'm a new pool owner

Hello to my neighbor to the south. Great to have you find us. New pool owner? No worries. You're in the right place. I can recommend this #1 piece of advice .... order your own TF-100 test kit (with speedstir) before you do anything else. Don't go to the pool store for advice, testing, or their off the shelf products. It will bite you in the wallet. Make sure to review/save all the links below in my signature (don't forget to updates your sig as well). Lots of folks here ready to assist. Have a nice weekend.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hello, I'm a new pool owner

Thanks a lot my neighbor to the north!

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Hello, I'm a new pool owner

Welcome! You made the right move coming here. I wish I'd known of this forum when we first had our pool built, but when things went sideways on us this forum was a lifesaver!
    20,000 gal. free-form plaster on concrete
    Triton DE filter, 1.5HP pump
    Aquabot Elite pool cleaner