Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hoping to build a semi inground....

1. Back To Top    #1

Hoping to build a semi inground....

Not too much info..or pricing available. Had one contractor over he highly recommends aquasport..I'm thinking 12x24 oval..currently have a 15 ft round above that looks to me like an eyesore..it is only 4yrs old..my question is I'm looking to go 3 1/2 feet down then do a retaining wall...any suggestions as there is not much info.out there..pool quoted at around 4800 plus install...any suggestions for equipment ..I'm located in New York..and would like it done in the next month

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hoping to build a semi inground....

We were first looking to go with a semi in ground. A Well respected pool company suggested radiant pools. Radiant Pools |. Good luck with your build and stay safe in the 44.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks..will do..u on?

4. Back To Top    #4

Cool. From what I was told you can install them anywhere from totally in ground to totally above or anywhere in between...they looked nice and you can do free form too. I was...did 22 and out.

5. Back To Top    #5

Just remember if you put the pool into the ground some you will need to have a fence that meets the NYS barrier requirements (fence, gate, alarms). I'd suggest a cartridge or sand filter and although I'm in the minority, a single speed pump. Our swim season is too short to justify a vs if cost is the only factor.
    Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32 (approx. 21k gallons), roman end w/ bench, 2 Jandy LED lights
    Pump: Jandy Flopro, 1.5 hp Heater: Raypak, 266k btu (P-R266-A-EN-C; nat gas) Filter: Jandy C340 (cartridge filter) Robot: Doheny's Dolphin Discovery SWCG: Circupool RJ45