Doheny Saturn - buy now or wait?

May 11, 2016
Troy IL
I want a robot. I'm tired of vacuuming manually mainly because of the way my pool is plumbed and the small skimmer that has no access from the top, only the mouth. I've taken care of pools all my life, and I've never hated vacuuming so much.

Anyway, I'm looking at the Doheny Saturn by Dolphin for $649 - $10 if I order by May 1 (coupon code). Should I pull the trigger and be happy all summer? Or wait and hold out for a better deal on this or perhaps another model?

My pool is a roughly 17'x30' sport pool with around 17,500 gallons of water. I think I can get away with short cords and less expensive robots because of the size of my pool, plus I really don't want to spend any more than $650.

What would you do?

Well, if you wait 5 weeks and save 50 bucks is it worth 10 bucks a week to clean your own pool or would you rather pay your Saturn 10 bucks a week to clean it?

If you have some risk tolerance, here's the same robot (a Saturn twin) refurbished for $260 less. Only difference is one year warranty vs two. And you'll have to mail in for warranty service. https://www.poolpartz.com/dolphin-e10-refurbished. Or the Active 10 for $20 more of you like that name and color scheme better.

lol, thanks all, good points. $50 savings isn't enough to make me want to wait all summer, and it is likely all I'd see anyway. So if I want that robot, I think I shall just buy it.

@bmoreswim That was tempting until I realized it was the E10 which is for above ground pools and only cleans floors. would it clean my walls in an in ground pool since the corners of my pool aren't 90 degree angles like in an above ground pool? I want something that'll vacuum and scrub my walls and floors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.