Saint Louis, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I got a new liner at the end of last season and need to add all my salt, CYA, start the pump, and SLAM. I'n what order should I do these things? Also it's raining all weekend and the water's a little cold (60-ish), should I wait to add anything until the rain stops/it gets sunny? Go ahead and start the pump?

I figure I ought to start the pump first then salt and at least some CYA before the SLAM. If I get a break in the rain I'll probably go start the pump at least.

Thanks for the suggestions you all are the best.

THANKS!

Follow up:
Go ahead and start the pump and SLAM in the rain? We're getting up to 4" in the next 2 days, will that tank my FC? Should I drop my robot in before/during to get leaves out (not really all that many, a 2 gal bucket full, tops)? should I broadcast the CYA or sock?

Rain does not typically influence the chlorine levels much at all. Part of the slam process is to remove any debris that's in the pool by whatever means you want. Use a sock as the CYA can stain the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.