Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Automatic Pool Cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Automatic Pool Cleaner

Can anyone give me advise on a really great automatic pool cleaner for and above ground pool would be? I have had the Centennial Pool Blaster which ran without a hose and with a rechargeable battery. It quit working within 3 months. Now I have the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Shark and he keeps knocking over. I've been eyeballing the robotic ones and I know they are pricey but I am sick of rebuying vacuums. Any recommendations? Thanks!
    22' Round x 52" deep Coleman AGP, 12,500 gallons. Filled 5-1-16. XtremePowerUSA 4500 GPH 19" Sand Filter w/1.5 HP Pump. Hayward Dyna-Skim In The Wall Skimmer. Hard Plumbed w/2" PVC. PVC Aerator. Pentair Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark Above Ground Pool Cleaner. Whitesboro, TX (North Texas). Taylor K-2006 Test Kit Comp Chorine FAS-DPD. Use The Pool Math App By Trouble Free Pool For Logging.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Automatic Pool Cleaner

Anything but Hayward!
    12' x 24' x 52" Wilbar (Pool Factory) Intrepid; Hayward Perflex EC40C92S DE Filter/1HP pump

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Intex - cheap and very effective
    Intex Ultra Frame 24'x12'x52" (732cm x 366cm) rectangular pool
    Intex SF80220RC (1600 GPH) pump/sandfilter
    Intex SF10220 (1050 GPH) pump/sandfilter driving the
    Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner
    Intex 8220 ECO SWG, Brilix XHP100 9kW heatpump

5. Back To Top    #5

intex - 50.00 on amazon and it works great! I got one that was defective, but they replaced it and the new one is amazing! it hooks to the return side and just zips around cleaning my pool all day long! you can go back to my posts and see mine if you would like

here are links to a few threads on this topic:

https://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...-besides-Intex

https://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...-i-doing-wrong
    Windy ☆ 22ft round, 11,400 gal, intex ag vinyl, SF70110-1 Intex sand filter/2800 gph pump, CS8110 intex swg, city water, solar heater, TF100 test kit/speed stirrer, over the wall intex skimmer~fall river ks~SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks everyone! I'm checking out the Dolphin E10 because I really want to get away from hoses and just hook it into electricity and dump it in the pool.
    22' Round x 52" deep Coleman AGP, 12,500 gallons. Filled 5-1-16. XtremePowerUSA 4500 GPH 19" Sand Filter w/1.5 HP Pump. Hayward Dyna-Skim In The Wall Skimmer. Hard Plumbed w/2" PVC. PVC Aerator. Pentair Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark Above Ground Pool Cleaner. Whitesboro, TX (North Texas). Taylor K-2006 Test Kit Comp Chorine FAS-DPD. Use The Pool Math App By Trouble Free Pool For Logging.

7. Back To Top    #7

Awesome to know, thanks! I just ordered the Intex Auto Cleaner and a 2500GPH pump upgrade from Amazon, this morning.
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' x 52" pool, Intex Krystal Clear 15k SWG, Intex 2500GPH pump , Intex Auto Pool Cleaner
    Previously owned an in-ground gunite pool /hot-tube with a Nascent Oxygen Generation purification system. Frankly, it was the bomb, but grateful for Intex.

8. Back To Top    #8

just curious if this works with the intex 2100 pump?
    Charles
    Coleman 16'x48"
    Intex 16" pump & Sand filter, Intex Robot Vacuum
    Hayward Wide Mouth Skimmer
    TF-100 Test Kit Magnetic Speed Stirer

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by chayne View Post
    just curious if this works with the intex 2100 pump?
    If you are refering to the Intex auto cleaner, then yes
    Intex Ultra Frame 24'x12'x52" (732cm x 366cm) rectangular pool
    Intex SF80220RC (1600 GPH) pump/sandfilter
    Intex SF10220 (1050 GPH) pump/sandfilter driving the
    Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner
    Intex 8220 ECO SWG, Brilix XHP100 9kW heatpump