New AGP Bulging Out Side

Jun 8, 2009
Hi, I've been lurking while reading Pool School, but now I've run into a hitch with my new 27' round above ground pool...

It was installed by a local pool store a few days ago, and we've been filling it about 8 hours a day ever since. Today the water level is right below the skimmer, but I've found an odd bulge in one of the sides...

I called our salesman and he'll be relaying the message to the installer, but I just wanted to get some more opinions about it...

Thanks!
Daniel

OMG, that bottom rail/track is off! Make your installer fix it - you paid for a pool done right, it should be done right.

Man I wish this user would have said how they fixed this.. I just put up a 27' that a friend gave me and I have one upright that looks IDENTICAL to this... .. I read somewhere else that this may be a high spot (easier fix) and some of you all here said it look like the track was out of position (harder fix)....

Mine looks to be still in the track, just kina hard to see.. I was thinking it was a problem with the cove.. this upright is right at a junction between to styrofoam coves and one of them is kinda "gimpy"... but the high spot thing kinda sounds right, or probably just my wishful thinking..

The original post was from 2 years ago.. has anyone seen anything like this since?

Attachments

• IMG_20110724_180509-1.jpg
    IMG_20110724_180509-1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 269
We have the same style pool, (wall pattern) Our pool, just in for 2 weeks has a few areas that look like this, and we also paid an installer.
We had him come back and look at it and also had 2 other contractors that help with pool installs (ground level guy and another man that has installed several) so I cannot say how expert their opinions are. Everyone said it should not be a problem, the wall is slightly out of the track at the bottom, but we have a good sand base and cove and should not be a problem with the liner slipping out.
I have attached pics of our problem areas. Its rained here for days...so the mud obscures a little. (Also leaving water at the base of the pool, so we need some drainage work?)
Yours is bulging a bit more than ours by the pics.
Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_0813 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0813 (640x480).jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0812 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0812 (640x480).jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0811 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0811 (640x480).jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 207
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.