Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Shipping time of TFTestkit?

1. Back To Top    #1

Shipping time of TFTestkit?

Hi,
    I finally ordered my TF100 Test kit on the 18th. I have been eagerly awaiting to clear up my now just cloudy pool, from a bad, bad swamp. I've been shooting from the hip so far with heavy constant doses of Liquid 12.5%. I'll be back with more questions if I need them, but my main question is how long does it take from ordering to shipping? I'm in Iowa.
    12,900 Gal. 24' X 48" ABG Vinyl Round (17th Birthday)
    1HP Hayward Pump w/S180T Hayward Sand Filter
    AquaTrol RJ SWCG 2011 startup
    TFP Method since '09, TF100
    50ppm Borates, June '12

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Shipping time of TFTestkit?

email your last name to us @ tftestkits@hughes.net and I'll get you some info
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi,
    I got a shipping confirmation & tracking # from Fedex. I can see it's on the way. Can't wait to get it.
    Thanks for responding.
    50ppm Borates, June '12

4. Back To Top    #4

3 minute response time...nice duraleigh. I wish terminix was 1/100th that good.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

3 minute response time...
    Yeah, sorry for the delay........I was walkin' the dog.

(I really need to get a life)
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

haha. if you said swimming with the dog it would have been acceptable.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

7. Back To Top    #7

YES duraleigh, thank you for the immediate response. And thank you also for the same day shipping. I just hadn't gotten an email yet. I was just wondering at the time I asked, how did you ship.. express?? ground?? UPS?? Snailmail?? FedEx?? the website doesn't tell me. I am eagerly awaiting it, as my last email stated. Sorry if I seemed presumptous. I have been a pool owner and a lurker for some time, & finally thought it was time to order your test kit, as I am finally a believer in the system. I have some cloudiness problems with my pool, & want to test myself with the capable tools to do it with. I have had a 24' above ground pool I installed myself 12 years ago, original liner, with absolutely no water problems that I knew of then...(ie. clarity) till the last 2 years. I was known as the clearest pool in town. Mind you, I'm from a small town of less than 1,000 here in Iowa, but yet there are more than 25 pools in this town. No inground cement, pebble, etc, just all vinyl above ground pools. We all have to lower them for our cold, too long winters. Since day one, all I've used is powdered shock, trichlor tabs, etc, etc, as is everyone else, other than the few continually failing baqua pools that cant see the light of chlorine. Since finding your site, I have schooled myself dozens of times on "POOL SCHOOL". I believe it, have added nothing since reading, other than liquid chlorine (lots of gallons of 12.5%) to shock my swamp & muratic acid to lower my TA & arreating the PH back up. By the way, that does work well. I have 400+ fill TA, and am now down to 120. I understand completely the "overnight FC test", etc, I just didn't have the proper tools to test it accurately. As I stated in my original post, I'll be back with questions if I need them & I'll supply pics as well. Thank you again. When I get the test kit, I'll be on my way back to a trouble free pool.
    50ppm Borates, June '12

8. Back To Top    #8

Re-reading all the responses, I guess I asked an inappropriate question. Sorry, at least I'll have my test kit. Thanks all!
    50ppm Borates, June '12

9. Back To Top    #9

Your question was fine. But, sometimes we do like to pick on Dave (duraleigh)
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks sincerely Butterfly..
    Maybe I took it wrong.. I don't need to ask questions of how & when or why to add my chlorine, (should I go out & add it now or wait till 10:00 PM?), if .5 is too low, or how to distribute cya, or how to lower my TA.. you fine & knowledgeable people have laid it all out in plain print if we would just read and understand it, and I do. I have followed 3-4 pages of these type of questions & patiently you all have guided them through it, but I just asked about the shipping of my test kit. I hadn't received any previous information about that. Sometimes there are delays in email. That was my case. I am still eagerly awaiting my test kit. Thank you all. I'm a believer! 12 years of adding cal-hypo, trichlor, floc, algeacide, I believe in the BBB system. Thanks again!
    50ppm Borates, June '12

11. Back To Top    #11

Well, it sure takes a long time when it ships to Arizona. I ordered it on Thursday evening, it was picked up by FedEx on Friday and I didn't get it until Wednesday. Same thing last time. It must be FedEx ground. It's like waiting for Christmas.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

12. Back To Top    #12

IDK - 3 business days doesn't seem like a long time to me Buggs. I think its just seems like forever cause we are waiting for our Present!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com