SWG questions

Jul 29, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I picked up a couple brand new Jandy Apure35plg systems as shelf-pulls. I was originally planning sell one to help offset the cost of the other, but now I am wondering if it would be beneficial to just keep it and install one on the pool and the other on the spa. It seems it would help on those days it needs a boost. I only paid $600 for both, so it wouldn't hurt me to keep both. ALSO, is it better to run these one 120v or 240v?

I would not run a separate SWG on the spa. Whenever you do use the spa I would suggest to turn the SWG off so it does not over chlorinate the spa. Spas are very small bodies of water and a SWG running can over chlorinate it.

It makes no difference to run it on 120 or 240. I recommend to keep it simple and to run it on what you have the other equipment running on.

You might consider installing both as that cell has a pretty small chlorine output compared to most systems (12oz/24hrs vs. 1.4lbs/24hrs for the jandy 1400 aquapure) that I have. That way, in the peak of summer you wont be forced to run the pool pump extended hours or add bleach due to the single cell not being able to generate enough chlorine to maintain desired limits and when demand is low, you,can turn one unit off.

Although that model says it will work on pools up to 35k gals, you would likely have to run the pump 24 hours a day to do that. To give you a better picture, I run our 18k pool's filter pump 8hrs per day in summer with the 1400 set on 100% and will have to add chlorine occasionally to maintain an adaquate chlorine level. My pool is in full sun most of the day and I keep the pool ~85 degrees which increases chlorine demand.

I'm not too worried about over chlorination of the spa, I have a large Palo verde that is constantly dumping deBristol in it. I usually drain the spa into the pool and then fill it back up when we get in it because the water is always a bit cloudy and with all the leaves and flowers, that's just the fastest way to clear the water. I may just sell them both and get the 1400 like I had in my last pool. I never had to buy chlorine with that system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.