Pool Radius

Sacarl

Apr 26, 2017
Magnolia
I have purchased a Dough Boy 16x32 oval pool with walk in steps. The pool is designed for these steps as the wall has been modified to accept them. The problem comes in on the step side radius. Using the center stake to check the radius it is out by 3" making everything out of alignment. The steps are straight and span 54". The tracks the pool wall sits in are 48". The Doughboy engineer tells me by email, he won't call nor can I get his number, that the radius should be the same as the other side. I'm no engineer but I think I see a problem with sticking a 54" straight run in a radius that curves on 48" tracks. Am I missing something here?
Thanks for any help.

I have purchased a Dough Boy 16x32 oval pool with walk in steps. The pool is designed for these steps as the wall has been modified to accept them. The problem comes in on the step side radius. Using the center stake to check the radius it is out by 3" making everything out of alignment. The steps are straight and span 54". The tracks the pool wall sits in are 48". The Doughboy engineer tells me by email, he won't call nor can I get his number, that the radius should be the same as the other side. I'm no engineer but I think I see a problem with sticking a 54" straight run in a radius that curves on 48" tracks. Am I missing something here?
Thanks for any help.
Welcome to the forum!

Could you post a picture or two? I would think the end radii should be the same on both ends of the pool, and be half the width of the pool.

Again, pics would help tremendously.

Thanks for posting.

Hi, and welcome to TFP!

Are you in the midst of installation and checking the installers work?

I have a 15x30 AGP. Many pics and brochures show it as a 15' diameter circle, with a 15'x15' square in the middle. If you step back and look at it, it looks that way. But.... if you get out your tape measure, it's an OCD nightmare! Nothing is perfect, length of segments are slightly different. It's nothing you can see, only by actually measuring.

On to yours, there is enough wiggle room in the parts for the straight 54" to replace a 48" arc. And you will never notice the difference unless you pull out a tape measure. The liner will sit in there just fine.

Pictures please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am the installer soooo theirs that part of the problem. ☺ I can get the pool together on the step side of the radius. Rails will match up to the supports. The problem comes in trying to match up the top rails to the steps on both sides. Their are two holes marked 16 on those plates. Toward the inside of the pool the rails will match. Towards the outside of those top plates the hole is at least 2" off. I'm thinking it needs both and Doughboy says it should work. I'm thinking this is needed as this will have more wear and tear as people use the steps. If it's modified I'm sure that voids the warranty. Looking at this picture im sure your saying to yourself hey dummy push the steps in to close the gap. If i do that then the bottom channel the pool wall sits in pushes past the stops in the plates the channels sit in and the top plates wont line up.

Attachments

• 20170426_075359.jpg
    20170426_075359.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 75
Did you tighten down all the screws on the top rails? If you did, you need to loosen them and go back to that one area, and see if it'll line up. It should. Then go back and tighten everything down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.