High FC cause and control

Judyaf

Jun 13, 2015
Sarasota Florida
Just tested water and get a very high free chlorine reading at 10ppm.
Other tests with new Taylor K2006Salt:
PH 7.5
TA 50ppm
CH 280ppm
CYA 56ppm
Salt 3000ppm (Prologic shows 2700 and there is no way to recalibrate)

SWG T15 cell and Hayward Pro logic shows setting as ORP, not chlorine percentage. How do I control the FC level... run the pump less, lower the ORP setting (it is a 550 now-below the recommended level) or ???-any other suggestions.

T15 cell recently checked, some debris removed but no scaling visible.

The pool recently showed no CYA and the FC then was okay. My signature shows details of all my pool equipment. I must say I'm not particularly pleased with Hayward system, not easy. Maybe because there is so much information. Finding a pool tech who understands Hayward system is also difficult.

This is why we typically do not recommend controlling chlorine with an orp sensor. The orp reading is greatly influenced by the stabilizer level and other parameters. Likely you need to just turn down the orp setting and the chlorine level should drop but I don't know how stable it will be. We usually recommend just abandoning the orp control and just using a set percentage for a certain time.

Yes there is a way to stop using the orp sensor and just use a normal % output. Don't know how to change it offhand, but I know it is in one of the manuals which you can get online if you don't have them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.