Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Walmart Extended warranty worth it for Coleman pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Walmart Extended warranty worth it for Coleman pool?

I'm getting a 22ft pool tomorrow, and the warranty seems reasonable. The 3 yr is $44, and 4 yr is $66. I read about liners tearing and so forth, but didn't know if the warranty would cover it. Seems $44 is a decent price to pay for a $500 pool to replace it.

I'm adding an intex sand pump and salt system, I will be adding a skimmer as well. I also didn't know if modifications void it. Does it cover rusting? Is it voided with a salt water system?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Walmart Extended warranty worth it for Coleman pool?

These all sound like questions you would need to talk to the warranty company about.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

My personal opinion - the pool will either be fine or be damaged when you set it up. The warranty it comes with should be fine for the pool...now equipment? That might be worth it, but check it out with a pencil to be sure and read the fine print.
    somewhere around 6,800 gal 18 x 4 foot round Intex Ultra Frame AG, finished filling August 29, 2013. toy pump w/ "A" cartridge up and running next day --- July 2015 upgraded to Krystal Clear 3000 GPH pump and 16" sand filter --- May 2016 Intex auto cleaner and in July salt system and Hayward skimmer

4. Back To Top    #4

I was hoping from some personal experience good or bad. I have read over the information on the walmart site, and it seems this is a generic warranty that is a "one size fits all" I'm not sure how to discern how to apply it to the pool.

I just read the terms and conditions and it has categories, but it doesn't have an outdoor play equipment, pool, or any other category this would fit except maybe furniture. There is nothing in there for pools directly, or even indirectly that I can find. Odd

5. Back To Top    #5

I never buy extended warranties on anything. Period.
    Dave in Phoenix, AZ, USA
    12,000 gallon IG (5' max depth) , Pebble-tec,
    Hayward SP2303 Maxflo 1.65 HP, Triton TR60 sand filter, 1 skimmer, Pool Devil skimmer, 3 returns, 1 aerator port, Navigator suction-side sweep, Hayward valve actuator, Rainbird sprinkler timer used for valve automation and chlorine injection. Softened water used for makeup.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I don't have any experience with the warranties, but I've had a number of Intex pools and I've never had a failure in the pool itself that wasn't somehow my own fault.

I have had pumps that quit after a couple of years, but not the liner or frame itself. Personally, I'd skip the warranty.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I would skip the extended warranty as well. I'm going on three seasons with mine, and other than a bit of liner fade, and a couple of small spots of rust on the welds my pool has been flawless.

I'm sure that modifying the pool in any way, especially cutting the liner to install a skimmer, will void any warranty claims on said liner.
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

I spent just under 300 for a summer waves. If I get two seasons I'm happy! Three and I'd be estatic!

6500 gallon SummerWaves AGP. Taylor k-2006, Jacuzzi sand filter and two speed pump. City water. Third year in use!