fix low ph or high ta first?

Hi there. I just converted from baqua to chlorine starting last monday thanks to this site. It only took three days to get the water clearer than its ever been. My chlorine level is holding overnite for past three days and CC is below .5 so I'm moving on to balancing the water.

My taylor 2006 test this morning shows

FC 5
CC .5
PH 7.2
TA 130

I'm confused about which to treat first the ph or the ta. from what I've read, it says to lower the the ph to 7.2 with acid to get the ta down and then aerate to raise ph back up, but my ph is already at 7.2. So do I raise my ph with borax and then lower is with acid? Help!!! Oh...I also added 4 lbs cya 2 days ago as suggested by your calculator (which works awsome on my iphone by the way)

Happy Father's Day by the way

yeah that whole lowering ta thing is mainly if you're having a frequent ph rise (frequent acid additions) and want to slow it down. you don't have to adjust ta just to reach a certain number, it's whatever works for your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.