Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: am I a total doofus?

1. Back To Top    #1

am I a total doofus?

Is there a reply notification or new post subscription feature I am missing? how do I know if there is a reply to something I posted or even to a thread I posted in other than scanning for the little envelopes in each sub-forum?
    somewhere around 6,800 gal 18 x 4 foot round Intex Ultra Frame AG, finished filling August 29, 2013. toy pump w/ "A" cartridge up and running next day --- July 2015 upgraded to Krystal Clear 3000 GPH pump and 16" sand filter --- May 2016 Intex auto cleaner and in July salt system and Hayward skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: am I a total doofus?

There is an option to turn it on. Go to Settings (up under the Pool School button), then general settings (on the left), then find Default Thread Subscription Mode

Some of us, like myself, do not want to be subscribed to anything. I think this was defaulted to OFF so as to not send out unwanted emails which can end up putting TFP on the "spam" list for some email providers.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't want email notifications, but I do want to be able to see threads I've posted to. I do that by looking under the "My Search Links" drop down list and go to the "Subscribed Threads" to see further replies.

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks! It would seem I AM pretty much a total doofus. I see that to check for new posts in threads I have started or just posted in, all I have to do is look at "Settings" and there they are. As I look at each one they fall of the list. There was even one showing from an old thread that got kicked by a new post recently.

I am used to a forum that has a tab that turns yellow when there are new replies to me.

Nope don't want emails either!
    somewhere around 6,800 gal 18 x 4 foot round Intex Ultra Frame AG, finished filling August 29, 2013. toy pump w/ "A" cartridge up and running next day --- July 2015 upgraded to Krystal Clear 3000 GPH pump and 16" sand filter --- May 2016 Intex auto cleaner and in July salt system and Hayward skimmer