Finally taking the plunge!!!

mommark

Silver Supporter
May 29, 2014
Midland, MI
We have said goodbye to our Intex AGP and are just beginning the process of buying a new AGP. We are going with the Doughboy Desert Spring, 24' x 54"!!! Yay!!!
Living in the Midwest our summers are not warm enough to keep our pool at a consistent temperature, so we are going to purchase a Hayward heater. I am thinking that the 150 should do the job. What do you think?
We also plan on having a composite deck built around part of the pool, so that we can walk down into the water. Unfortunately, we have a wood deck that will need to be connected in order to walk up to the new pool deck.
As we get into the thick of the pool build I will post pictures along the way.

Sounds like a great plan make sure to keep the solar panel so you can run it in you new pool as well. I did a multi level deck as well it's worth all the effort in the end. Decks really make an AGP shine.

I did a multi level deck as well it's worth all the effort in the end. Decks really make an AGP shine.

I couldn't agree more. Beats the heck out of walking through the yard and climbing a ladder. My installer did a great job of getting the pool level with our existing deck. So expanding the deck to tie into the pool was easy. We're looking into adding even more on to the deck and installing a shower.

Pool-042217.jpg

My boss wants an outdoor shower / changing room put in up by the pool this summer as well. Hopefully there is more time spent enjoying the deck than building it like last year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.