Hello from Williamsburg Va

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Favor please ... tell us more about your pool and equipment by updating your signature. You can click EDIT YOUR SIGNATURE. It will help us later. If we don't get much hits on this thread, we can always re-name it to get more attention.

Also tell us which test kit you are using to test the water, and what those readings are.

Nice to have you with us.

Hello Texas Splash.. I hope I did the signature thing right.. but the readings on the test tells us we are low on Chlorine.. I just dumped in 4 gallons of Chlorine two days ago.. and today it is reading .6 Low .. the check flow meter light keeps flashing and we have taken out the union screen and cleaned it and replaced it .. we cleaned the filter 2 weeks ago and added DE back in .. but then Backwashed. What else can we do to keep the Check Flow light from flashing?

Hummm. Unfortunately your signature is still not showing. :confused: Not sure if there's a box to "check" on that profile setting page for it to show on every post, or if it's a computer/android thing. Software gets funny sometimes. We'll see if it shows soon to help tell us what you have. In the meantime, can you confirm what test kit you are using, and can you post the following for us:
FC
CC
CYA
PH
TA
CH

It would help a lot, more so than just the flow meter light and any other automated signals you may have available. Thanks.

Not sure what I am doing wrong.. I have previewed the signature and saved it multiple times but it doesn't show up . so I will just try to tell you here.. We have a Pentair Whisper flo DE filter, Auto Digital pilot , 25,000 inground pool with liner .. we have a Taylor 2006 test kit.. we have a very cloudy pool.. and I don't think the SWG chlorinator is working properly.. a few days ago .. I had a good reading on Chlorine.. today there is Nil. it did rain.. but shouldn't the ^^ kick in and make some chlorine? the PH is 7.2 .. we do not have CYA testing available.. but we also don't use the chlorinating tabs.. ( should we? ) we are so new to this and had a teenager run thru it so quickly our heads were spinning at time of closing on the house. I would GREATLY appreciate any info.. we are getting very discouraged...
Oh.. we also just replaced the flow meter and the light went off.. but nothing has changed with the pool.. its still very cloudy.

There's your sig! :goodjob: Okay, so we know no chlorine (FC) is a bad thing. A cloudy pool is even worse. That means more than likely algae is settling in. If you're not sure about your SWG producing chlorine, then add some regular bleach right away. In a 25K pool, you can safely add 1 gallon of regular bleach and it should take your FC up to just over 3 ppm. That's actually not much, so you may want to add a second gallon to get closer to 6. After today, until you can test your CYA, just add one gallon of bleach each evening and leave the SWG off. Treat your pool as a non-SWG for now until we can validate testing.

It is extremely important to know your CYA as that determines how high your FC should be. I would consider ordering some R-0013 reagent ASAP. Some Wal-Marts may have a small CYA test you can do in the interim, but they are very limited in size and I can't speak to their accuracy like the K-2006 or TF-100. Don't use the tabs. If your CYA is actually too high, they'll just make it worse. Without an accurate CYA test, we're in uncharted waters my friend. That needs to be step #1.