Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner Lock Issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner Lock Issues

Is it standard practice to install liner lock around the entire perimeter of the pool. The PB just left a few weeks ago and this is out first IG pool. The liner seems like it is locked in place and this is just being used as a "fancy trim". I have pushed it back in 5-6 times and it just pops back out. Seems like the aluminum track still has a film of concrete on it that breaks away causing the lock to loose it's bit {this is just a guess}. Called PB and awaiting a call back from them. Any opinions?Attachment 59969Attachment 59970
    Pool: 14,000-gal IG
    Filter: Pentair Sand Dollar, Pump: Pentair Superflo VS
    Automation: Pentair EasyTouch w/ Autelis, Lighting:Globrite
    Pentair SWG IC20, Prowler 820, K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liner Lock Issues

I have liner lock on my pool and there are two places that seemed to come out often. I used Popsicle sticks to help it stay in those two spots. I have heard of using pennies as well but was too cheap to do that LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Our corners are liner locked. There was another area on the side I thought needed a lock, but after some investigation I realized that when I pushed the liner back in the track it wasn't seating properly. Use a blow dryer on the liner in that area to soften it up, then push it back into the track. You'll need to push it in to the back of the track. It should slip into a little holder. Once I did this we haven't had any more problems.
    In-ground 15x30 concrete pool with vinyl liner
    Triton II sand filter, Hayward Pump, Raypak 266 heater
    Rehab thread: Pool rehab, need advice

4. Back To Top    #4

I dont think the liner is slipping or at least it better not be seeing as how the pool is only a month old. It looks as if the lock is just there to make it look nice. When the lock pops, the liner is sound in the track. I assume liner not in track would literally be sticking out. I am not seeing the liner move, just the lock. If the liner is moving, Im not touching it, the PB will be taking care of that.
    Pool: 14,000-gal IG
    Filter: Pentair Sand Dollar, Pump: Pentair Superflo VS
    Automation: Pentair EasyTouch w/ Autelis, Lighting:Globrite
    Pentair SWG IC20, Prowler 820, K-2006