Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Diving Rock or no Diving rock

1. Back To Top    #1

Diving Rock or no Diving rock

I need to decide by Monday. Any thoughts, etc? Also, I have a very light, neutral travertine pool. Not rustic, boulders etc. Attachment 59956
    Concrete freeform 20x38. 3-7ft depth. 18in raised 7ft round spa with spillway, 25LF of 21 raised stone wall with (1) sheer decent. Jumping rock. Beige travertine bullnose coping and travertine patio. Carribean blue Pebble tec. 6ft tanning ledge with umbrella and 2 bubblers.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Diving Rock or no Diving rock

I wouldn't.

7 feet is too shallow for diving depth.

Jumping in feet first or cannonball sure.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by lucas33 View Post
    I need to decide by Monday. Any thoughts, etc? Also, I have a very light, neutral travertine pool. Not rustic, boulders etc. Attachment 59956
    You've got the wall....they'll enjoy using that...I wouldn't. BUT, it's your pool

Matt- IG gunite pool and spa built Summer 2016: 32' x 20' overall with two 4' x 8' tanning ledges. 6'x6' attached spa with spillover. Depth 3' to 5' to 4'. 16.4K gal. Lueders Limestone retaining wall and coping. Equip: Pentair SVRS vari. speed pump. Pentair 60 sq. ft. DE filter. Pentair Kreepy Crawly Plat. cleaner. Pentair MasterTemp 400,000 BTU NG heater. 1.5 HP spa air blower. Nature2 Sanitizer. Taylor K-206C. My 2016 Build

4. Back To Top    #4

is it too late to build something like this? we went with this instead of a "rock".... our pool is a little over 5 1/2 ft in the middle, my kids are decent swimmers and dive with no issues at that height... I believe it is only about 18" height from the top of the water to the top of the jumping deck.

pool.jpg
    2016 pool build.... 18k gal. freeform style, built in round table, 18" jumping platform, travertine coping upgrade, travertine waterline, peagravel decking, saltwater pool (no spa), Quartzscape blue., 1.5hp Pentair pump, JANDY SWG, 48sqft Pentair DE filter, TFP-100 kit w/speedstir MYPoolBuild

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ap2002 View Post
    is it too late to build something like this? we went with this instead of a "rock".... our pool is a little over 5 1/2 ft in the middle, my kids are decent swimmers and dive with no issues at that height... I believe it is only about 18" height from the top of the water to the top of the jumping deck.

pool.jpg
    Diving headfirst into 5-1/2 feet?? Not much margin for error there.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

6. Back To Top    #6

I wouldn't do a diving rock since you already have the raised beam. If you didn't have that I might change my answer, but it looks like you can just jump off the raised beam wall and don't need a diving rock. Where would you put it if you got one?
    Inground vinyl 23'x40' Aspen shape, ~27K gallons, Sta-Rite Intellipro 2 VST Pump, Sta-Rite System:3 Mod DE Filter (60 sq ft), Hybrid In-Floor System (Paramount Valve with Caretaker Heads), AquaComfort Heat Pump, 3x Savi Melody Sol 28W LED Lights, Pentair IC60 SWCG, EasyTouch Automation with ScreenLogic, TF-100 test kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you all for the input. I also called our insurance and they said no to a diving board but had to call me back regarding a jumping rock. They did say it was ok but in the end, we decided against. For all the reasons above. PB giving us credit.
    Concrete freeform 20x38. 3-7ft depth. 18in raised 7ft round spa with spillway, 25LF of 21 raised stone wall with (1) sheer decent. Jumping rock. Beige travertine bullnose coping and travertine patio. Carribean blue Pebble tec. 6ft tanning ledge with umbrella and 2 bubblers.