pentair dual speed pump wired OK?

Apr 30, 2009
There's no wiring diagram in the manual and only a small schematic on the motor itself. I don't want to burn up my motor so I've attached a couple of pictures in hopes of getting some feed back on the wiring. It's a 230v motor and I'm running the old electrical feed for a few weeks until I hook up an easytouch 8. Two hot legs and no neutral plus ground. The yellow and white wires are factory wires.

Thanks

Attachments

• motor pic.jpeg
    motor pic.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 168
  • motor wiring pic 2.jpeg
    motor wiring pic 2.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 162
platymapus said:
Brad S said:
Looks like there is supposed to be a neutral? Where does the white wire go? Is this a 2 speed pump?

There's no neutral, don't need one. The white wire is a factory wire, I haven't and shouldn't need to touch it. Yes its a two speed pump.

To be clear, you do have three wires, right. 2 hot and a ground? That is the bare minimum for safe operation. I notice the "common" wire in the diagram, that is also referred to as "neutral" interchangably and is most likely linked with the ground.

Got it figured out. The red wire to the 1st lead and for high speed the black goes to #2, for low speed black to #3. Once I have the easytouch set up Ill be able to take advantage of the dual speed pump.

This whisperflo pump is a drastic improvement (noise) over my old a.o. smith pump.

Time to relax and have a beer! :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.