Wireless Remote OR ScreenLogic

Mar 23, 2017
Austin, Texas
Hi there - We are currently building and almost to equipment install. Contract is for EasyTouch wireless remote, but he said ScreenLogic is pretty much the same price. If you could only have one, which one should you choose? My guess is that it is probably easier to add a wireless remote later than it would be to add ScreenLogic later (if doing myself), but looking at this site, seems like a fair amount of people have problems with ScreenLogic...

Thanks!
Keri

My PB was going to charge more for the screenlogic than the remote, so we went with the remote. I like it. I've read a few threads on here about the screenlogic as well, and it sounds pretty nice. I can do most anything with the remote that you can do from the easytouch panel. I'm not sure if screenlogic has limitations or not. One thing with the remote I've been very impressed with is how well it works from such a long distance, even in my house. My easytouch panel and antenna for the remote are probably 100' from my house, and so far I've had no problems operating the remote from within the kitchen area of my house. I haven't gone throughout the house to see how far I can stretch it, so maybe I'll do that at some point.

I have the wireless remote. Been running 4 years with zero issues and no reliance on my wifi in order to work.

That said, it's old school tech and I doubt Pentair will continue to support it for much longer.

You can run both SL and the RF remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a new pool owner and I love my SL easy to use and adjust, and my favorite part is starting the Jacuzzi heater when I'm a half hour away from home or turning on the pool cleaner earlier than scheduled if it's a particularly windy day.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Screenlogic all the way. Someone mentioned wifi - and you do need to get a signal to your device if you are in the yard with the pool, but with SL you can connect from your PC or any smart device that can download the app. You aren't locked with a single piece of hardware, the remote. Screenlogic also gives you a much easier GUI for programming the ET panel along with the app for control.

With screen logic you can also access remotely - anywhere in the world you have internet access. As Jedi says - on your way home from work or whereever - grab the phone, have the hot tub hot and bubbles on by the time you get home.

TX,

As Matt points out you can have both..

ScreenLogic costs less than $400 and is an easy DIY job.

I have never used Pentair remotes, so it is hard for me to compare them to ScreenLogic.

I am sure that if I gave you ScreenLogic, and you used it for a week and then I tried to take it back, I'd have to pry it out of your cold dead hands...

Mine has been installed and running for about 16 months with zero issues.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Let us know when you get it all up and running. Do you have a build thread? With pictures?

There are already a lot of good advice and programming help/hints in multiple threads about Screen Logic and the configuration, but once you are up and running ask here, always good help, and others better than me, but I'm getting better at it.

I ask questions as they come up, but don't have a build thread. I should start one so everything is all together and maybe assist someone else in the future.

Let us know when you get it all up and running. Do you have a build thread? With pictures?

There are already a lot of good advice and programming help/hints in multiple threads about Screen Logic and the configuration, but once you are up and running ask here, always good help, and others better than me, but I'm getting better at it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have yet to upgrade to SL, but the wireless remotes are good if you have kids or guests and they are pretty fool proof.

Also keeps you phones away from the pool.

Press button 1 - for lights, 2 for spa bubbles etc.

I have yet to upgrade to SL, but the wireless remotes are good if you have kids or guests and they are pretty fool proof.

Also keeps you phones away from the pool.

Press button 1 - for lights, 2 for spa bubbles etc.

Blake,

I agree on not using your brand new phone around the pool, but what a lot of SL users do is use an old obsolete phone or tablet as their pool side remote.

As far as use, pretty much the same. Touch an icon for lights, touch another icon for spa bubbles.

In my mind, the operation is about the same as Pentair remotes, but the real advantage of ScreenLogic is when programing.. Programing on a PC is very easy with SL compared to using the little 3" LCD, menu button, and up/dn keys..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Pentair has an entirely new automation system in the works but it was supposed to be released a few years back. It keeps getting delayed and the last rep I spoke with told me not to hold my breath. No release date as off yet... Not even a projection.

It's called the IntelliCenter and will have a touch screen panel and an entirely new internet interface.

Pentair has an entirely new automation system in the works but it was supposed to be released a few years back. It keeps getting delayed and the last rep I spoke with told me not to hold my breath. No release date as off yet... Not even a projection.

It's called the IntelliCenter and will have a touch screen panel and an entirely new internet interface.

IntelliCenter is what I had heard about. But not anything more than what is posted here.

I am in the pricing stage of a renovation and plan to do an automation panel. I want SL but have read the interface is really 80's ish. From what I have seen it looks fairly simple but if it works I am OK with that. As for the phone around the pool, my wife has Baptized 2 iPhones so it is nothing new for me... I am hopeful that eventually there will be a good working interface with my SmartThings HA system as well.

I am in the pricing stage of a renovation and plan to do an automation panel. I want SL but have read the interface is really 80's ish. From what I have seen it looks fairly simple but if it works I am OK with that. As for the phone around the pool, my wife has Baptized 2 iPhones so it is nothing new for me... I am hopeful that eventually there will be a good working interface with my SmartThings HA system as well.

The RF remote, which is NOT ScreenLogic, is definitely circa 1986. ScreenLogic itself is more like early 2000's programming skills. Either way, Pentair must only hire software/hardware engineers in their late 50's because the tech is definitely retro.

Pentair works with Alexa so I would think you could patch something together for your HA.

Screen logic for sure. You download the app on your phone. iPhone app is better than android. You can do the same on your pc too. Just make sure you have your contractor run an designated control cable form the ez touch panel to some entrance location at your house. You want to hardware your system. You will need to connect the cable from the ET to the protocol adapter and then that to your network via a cat 5 cable.

You can control you pool from anywhere in the world as long as you have access to the www.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.