Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
every time i turn off pool the spa loses water /... i was told it could be the check valve - i have 5 check valves .. please advise which ones i should check

image attached

pool - top view.jpg

It's real hard to figure out your plumbing layout form the picture provided.

This is what I think id going on (usually the Pool or Spa mode would be controlled by automation) so I marked the drawing accordingly. Can you confirm this is correct?

Attachments

• Pool plumbing pic.jpg
    Pool plumbing pic.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 35
Hard to tell from that picture which check valve is on the spa return line, I can only see 3 of the 5 check valves. I'm leaning to the top left check valve as the spa return check valve. Do you know which check valve is on the spa return line? That would be the check valve I would replace the internals on.

$_58.JPG
I opened No.2 and checked the flapper the - black part in the image is worn out - time to replace ?

also, i upgraded to a Variable Speed pump - at 1700 RPM no water leak through No.2 but at 3000RPM a-lot of water in No.2

i also have alot of bubbles in return and one big bubble in my pump ... cant seem to figure out the air leak

btw - thanks for marking up my ugly picture - you rock dude - much respect to you !

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to tell from that picture which check valve is on the spa return line, I can only see 3 of the 5 check valves. I'm leaning to the top left check valve as the spa return check valve. Do you know which check valve is on the spa return line? That would be the check valve I would replace the internals on.

i only have 3 my bad - was confusing the others for check valves - I'm a total newbie -- i apologize in advance.

is there a easy way to tell which check valve is on the spa return line ?

piping.jpg

The pipes within the yellow circle should be your all of you returns.

Blue & red should be your intake.

Orange? Well it almost looks like an automated way to use the heater for the spa only maybe.

What kind of valve or whatever is on the suction side in front of the pump?

Maybe a front picture of all of this would also help.

Attachments

• piping.jpg
    piping.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 13
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.