Losing water, need help

Jun 21, 2009
We have an inground pool. Right before we opened the pool, we noticed that our cover had dropped. After removing the cover, we had noticed we had lost quite a bit of water. We also noticed that the light we have in the pool was half filled with water. We re-filled the pool and started the pump. Everything seemed fine until recently. We noticed again we are still losing water, about half an inch a day. We kept the filter off for 12 hours and lost half an inch, and ran it for 12 hours and lost half an inch. I noticed after backwashing the pool, we have air coming out of the jets. The pool is just 4 years old, and the installer of the pool is pretty much blowing us off. Any help will be appreciated.

Welcome to TFP!!

There's an article in Pool School on leak detection, that might help you narrow down where the leak is.

From what you've described, I don't think it's a plumbing issue. I would use 2 part epxoy putty to seal the light conduit and see if you're still loosing water. If sealing the conduit doesn't do the trick, we can take a look at some of the other usual suspects :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.