Bleach added pool turns light green in a few hours

Apr 4, 2010
This has never happened before .I have been BBB for years .The only difference this year is ,I had a small leak this fall and I run the filter 365 24/7 so in anticipation of the water level maybe going below the skimmer the last time I vacuumed I left the pole maybe aluminum and vacuum head in the bottom middle of the pool.The pool has little white nodules on it now ,and I suspect the hose ,an old one may have copper wire in it .The green clears up in a couple of days ,but will this happen all summer or will it stop when I remove the source of metal leaching if that is the cause.I haven't tested the water yet ,but it will be mid seventies this week.
Thanks for any advice

If the pool turned green only after you added chlorine and cleared up, that's not unheard-of and it shouldn't happen again. If you use the search box for something like green after bleach, you'll see what I mean.

Nodules are most likely Calcium scale. Do you have hard water? Have you been chlorinating with Cal-hypo? Did you let the pH get real high?

Thanks for replying Richard This bleach green cycle has occurred 4 or 5 times this spring .I haven yet removed the pole and hose yet I'm going to vacuum soon .I will try to search box and no all I use is 8.5 bleach need to check the PH

just remembered I left the ladder in the pool this year i didn't cover the pool just kept clean this is a big molded ladder but it has metal bolts on it every thing seems to point to metal leach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.