Thread of Disgust.

Meowloud

Bronze Supporter
Mar 3, 2017
Chattanooga, tn
This is my disgust: my bar soap, 2 years ago it was 4.80 ounce. Then a year later, it was 4.25 oz. I bought a fresh batch of bars (at the same price), and they are 3.17oz! They are a sliver. how do you lather? I dunno, maybe rub against the walls.
oil2.jpgoil1.jpgoil3.jpg
What is your disgust?

Ha! I believe the story about that is it was 6% and 128 oz and when they went to concentrated bleach at 8.25% they lowered it to 121 oz and you still get the same amount of chlorine, just less water. I can't do math so I'm not trying to figure out if that is true or not. I'm just spreading rumors. :)

Cat food! The big bag used to be 20 lbs. It is now 18 lbs but the same price! I know not many people even buy this big a bag but I take in O.L.D. cats from the shelter so do tend to need a lot of food. It 2 lbs is a big difference!

:cat:

Trash bags. This is a racket. I like the Blackout bags because they go better with our stainless steel garbage can in the kitchen (plus it makes me feel better when I can't see alcohol we've drank). Not only did they cut 5 bags out of the box, they cut the size and call it 'stretchable'. Yep, there is nothing I like more than wrestling like a WWE or whatever wrestling fighter, with my garbage bag to make sure everything fits. It makes my day. I should put that on my Resume, "Garbage Bag Officer".

Don't forget Coffee!!

But hey, Blue Bell Is still a half gallon! :party:

Is it? Or are there still a few ounces of listeria in there?

Trash bags. This is a racket. I like the Blackout bags because they go better with our stainless steel garbage can in the kitchen (plus it makes me feel better when I can't see alcohol we've drank).

Trash bag fashion??? Who knew?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Trash bags. This is a racket. I like the Blackout bags because they go better with our stainless steel garbage can in the kitchen (plus it makes me feel better when I can't see alcohol we've drank).

The solution to that isn't thick plastic bags at low cost to help waste resources. Recycle!!! (esp aluminum - it's a shame to bury it in a landfill)

My disgust is "green" MA. Less product in the same bottle at the same price, and I fell for it. Aside from it being a rip-off, it's also false marketing. Consuming, packaging, storing and shipping additional water in a plastic bottle (which doesn't qualify for recycling) is the OPPOSITE of green.

In fairness to Clorox, that jug has been 121 oz as long as I can remember......11 years or so.

Breyers used to be my ice cream of choice (I do not present this award lightly!) But they followed the herd of slithering businesses and lowered their container from 1/2 gallon to about 25% less yet kept the same price.

I switched to Blue Bell ice cream who maintains their 1/2 gallon size (maybe the only one?). I soon discovered the quality of their product was better than Breyer's, anyway. What an eye opener that was. For a couple of other reasons and this, Blue Bell has become one of my favorite companies. Gig 'em!

It is hard to justify recycling when you live out in the country. The petroleum it takes to get it from point A to point B. I feel your pain, Rollercoastr

Pooldv, my trashbag fashion started when I used to live in the city and my neighbor commented on the tequila bottles my husband drank (he makes a mean margarita). Since then, I hide my pet waste, bottles, and leftovers in shame. :D

Cadbury Eggs. Enough said.

It is hard to justify recycling when you live out in the country. The petroleum it takes to get it from point A to point B.

I'm not suggesting that you put an empty tequila bottle in the back of a Hummer H2 and drive a 60 mile round trip to recycle it! Aluminum cans are a different story. Aluminum is expensive to make, easy to store and transport and easily recycled, yet Americans do a lousy job at it. The next time you empty a can, shake it out in the sink or on the yard. If you want to, you can add a tablespoon of water and shake empty again. It won't smell or attract pests if you do this. Dent the side of the can and then place it on the ground and step on each end to smash it flat. You can also invest in a wall-mounted can smasher. Toss the cans in a storage bin until you make your next run to the city. Even hundreds of cans are light and can fit in the trunk of even the smallest Hummer, and it won't effect gas mileage even a little! :)

(even if you have no intention of doing this, "ok Roller, I'll recycle" is the recommended response here. While your box of soap has shrunk, my soapbox is massive, and made of recycled aluminum cans!) :)

I'm not suggesting that you put an empty tequila bottle in the back of a Hummer H2 and drive a 60 mile round trip to recycle it!

What? Why not? :-D

(even if you have no intention of doing this, "ok Roller, I'll recycle" is the recommended response here. While your box of soap has shrunk, my soapbox is massive, and made of recycled aluminum cans!)

LOL!! Nice! :)

Oops, I mean to say, ok Roller, I'll recycle. :thumleft:

HAHAHA pooldv!
Rollercoastr, we don't use any aluminum. Period. Drink water. I really like your enthusiasm though!!! GO GO RECYCLE!
We only drink milk from our goats is the only alternative. My husband, on the other hand, likes to get Coca-Cola with real sugar. Lots of empty calories there.

By the way, I've gotta go let my Hummer H2 idle for an hour. Teehehe.

*big hug Rollercoastr*

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.