Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread of Disgust.

1. Back To Top    #1

Thread of Disgust.

This is my disgust: my bar soap, 2 years ago it was 4.80 ounce. Then a year later, it was 4.25 oz. I bought a fresh batch of bars (at the same price), and they are 3.17oz! They are a sliver. how do you lather? I dunno, maybe rub against the walls.
    oil2.jpgoil1.jpgoil3.jpg
    What is your disgust?
    ~22k IG Vinyl (Ocean Midnight), Hayward Tristar 3200VSP, Hayward Sand Filter S3103S, Hayward 4.0 LED, TF-100, High-Iron, 7.5 ph Well Water.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thread of Disgust.

What do you find now that you get less of? Or perhaps just general disgust?
    ~22k IG Vinyl (Ocean Midnight), Hayward Tristar 3200VSP, Hayward Sand Filter S3103S, Hayward 4.0 LED, TF-100, High-Iron, 7.5 ph Well Water.

3. Back To Top    #3

Does anybody remember when a gallon of bleach was actually a gallon vs. 121 ounces?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Ha! I believe the story about that is it was 6% and 128 oz and when they went to concentrated bleach at 8.25% they lowered it to 121 oz and you still get the same amount of chlorine, just less water. I can't do math so I'm not trying to figure out if that is true or not. I'm just spreading rumors.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Cat food! The big bag used to be 20 lbs. It is now 18 lbs but the same price! I know not many people even buy this big a bag but I take in O.L.D. cats from the shelter so do tend to need a lot of food. It 2 lbs is a big difference!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Large pizza used to be 16" now it's 14" or (gasp) even 12"!!!
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

7. Back To Top    #7

Don't forget Coffee!!

But hey, Blue Bell Is still a half gallon!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

8. Back To Top    #8

Trash bags. This is a racket. I like the Blackout bags because they go better with our stainless steel garbage can in the kitchen (plus it makes me feel better when I can't see alcohol we've drank). Not only did they cut 5 bags out of the box, they cut the size and call it 'stretchable'. Yep, there is nothing I like more than wrestling like a WWE or whatever wrestling fighter, with my garbage bag to make sure everything fits. It makes my day. I should put that on my Resume, "Garbage Bag Officer".

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    Don't forget Coffee!!

But hey, Blue Bell Is still a half gallon!
    Is it? Or are there still a few ounces of listeria in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Meowloud View Post
    Trash bags. This is a racket. I like the Blackout bags because they go better with our stainless steel garbage can in the kitchen (plus it makes me feel better when I can't see alcohol we've drank).
    Trash bag fashion??? Who knew?
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

10. Back To Top    #10

That actually came from a Nursing home. No matter, it sells like crazy everywhere again.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

11. Back To Top    #11

Trash bags. This is a racket. I like the Blackout bags because they go better with our stainless steel garbage can in the kitchen (plus it makes me feel better when I can't see alcohol we've drank).

The solution to that isn't thick plastic bags at low cost to help waste resources. Recycle!!! (esp aluminum - it's a shame to bury it in a landfill)

My disgust is "green" MA. Less product in the same bottle at the same price, and I fell for it. Aside from it being a rip-off, it's also false marketing. Consuming, packaging, storing and shipping additional water in a plastic bottle (which doesn't qualify for recycling) is the OPPOSITE of green.
    12,000 gal Diamond Brite indoor​ pool. Pentair Triton TR-60 Sand Filter +added DE, Lochinvar Energyrite ERN-200 gas heater, Pentair Multi-valve, Pentair SuperFlo VS pump, TF-100 kit, Pool Math App - iOS

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

In fairness to Clorox, that jug has been 121 oz as long as I can remember......11 years or so.

Breyers used to be my ice cream of choice (I do not present this award lightly!) But they followed the herd of slithering businesses and lowered their container from 1/2 gallon to about 25% less yet kept the same price.

I switched to Blue Bell ice cream who maintains their 1/2 gallon size (maybe the only one?). I soon discovered the quality of their product was better than Breyer's, anyway. What an eye opener that was. For a couple of other reasons and this, Blue Bell has become one of my favorite companies. Gig 'em!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

13. Back To Top    #13

Zitner's peanut butter eggs - used to come in a package of 9 and they removed the center one, filled it in with plastic, and now there are only 8. Broke my heart!
    36,000 Gallon Inground (IG) Gunite Pool with Spa and 12" tanning ledge | White Plaster | Cartridge Filter | Hayward Single Speed Pump (x2) | 400k BTU Hayward Heater | Hayward ProLogic Automation | Taylor K2006 Test Kit | In-pool Cleaner | August / September 2016 Build Date | Build Thread

14. Back To Top    #14

It is hard to justify recycling when you live out in the country. The petroleum it takes to get it from point A to point B. I feel your pain, Rollercoastr

Pooldv, my trashbag fashion started when I used to live in the city and my neighbor commented on the tequila bottles my husband drank (he makes a mean margarita). Since then, I hide my pet waste, bottles, and leftovers in shame.

Cadbury Eggs. Enough said.

15. Back To Top    #15

Me too! I'll hide mine here
    Attachment 59943
    Here
    Attachment 59945
    Here
    Attachment 59946
    Here
    Attachment 59947
    TFP Moderator

16. Back To Top    #16

It is hard to justify recycling when you live out in the country. The petroleum it takes to get it from point A to point B.
    I'm not suggesting that you put an empty tequila bottle in the back of a Hummer H2 and drive a 60 mile round trip to recycle it! Aluminum cans are a different story. Aluminum is expensive to make, easy to store and transport and easily recycled, yet Americans do a lousy job at it. The next time you empty a can, shake it out in the sink or on the yard. If you want to, you can add a tablespoon of water and shake empty again. It won't smell or attract pests if you do this. Dent the side of the can and then place it on the ground and step on each end to smash it flat. You can also invest in a wall-mounted can smasher. Toss the cans in a storage bin until you make your next run to the city. Even hundreds of cans are light and can fit in the trunk of even the smallest Hummer, and it won't effect gas mileage even a little!

(even if you have no intention of doing this, "ok Roller, I'll recycle" is the recommended response here. While your box of soap has shrunk, my soapbox is massive, and made of recycled aluminum cans!)
    12,000 gal Diamond Brite indoor​ pool. Pentair Triton TR-60 Sand Filter +added DE, Lochinvar Energyrite ERN-200 gas heater, Pentair Multi-valve, Pentair SuperFlo VS pump, TF-100 kit, Pool Math App - iOS

17. Back To Top    #17

I'm not suggesting that you put an empty tequila bottle in the back of a Hummer H2 and drive a 60 mile round trip to recycle it!
    What? Why not?

(even if you have no intention of doing this, "ok Roller, I'll recycle" is the recommended response here. While your box of soap has shrunk, my soapbox is massive, and made of recycled aluminum cans!)
    LOL!! Nice!

Oops, I mean to say, ok Roller, I'll recycle.
    TFP Moderator

18. Back To Top    #18

atta boy!

19. Back To Top    #19

HAHAHA pooldv!
    Rollercoastr, we don't use any aluminum. Period. Drink water. I really like your enthusiasm though!!! GO GO RECYCLE!
    We only drink milk from our goats is the only alternative. My husband, on the other hand, likes to get Coca-Cola with real sugar. Lots of empty calories there.

By the way, I've gotta go let my Hummer H2 idle for an hour. Teehehe.

*big hug Rollercoastr*

20. Back To Top    #20

My husband, on the other hand, likes to get Coca-Cola with real sugar. Lots of empty calories there.
    Right! What a waste of a glass, a beverage, ice, calories and an opportunity to drink something meaningful.
    TFP Moderator

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast