Pool Leak? New Pool

JDLT11

Jun 27, 2016
Fontana, CA
Looking for some help to see if I have a leak in my pool.

Bucket test was conducted and over a 36 hours the bucket dropped 11CM and the Pool water dropped 25CM so a difference of 14 CM is this normal?

I have noticed about .75 of an inch per day even with overcast 70-80 degree weather since pool was plastered a month ago. I have turned off all the sheers and spillways including the pumps during this time.

Thanks for any insight.

Do you get any air in the pump basket or air bubbles in the returns into the pool ?

I would expect the water level in the bucket and pool to be about the same (evaporation rate).

3/4 inches a day seems like a lot to me... meaning in one week you would loose 5+ inches of water.... ?
or 10 inches over two weeks time...

What does your builder say?

Ideally you want the bucket nearly fully submerge in the water (like sitting on a step) and nearly full so that the bucket and pool see the same wind, etc that will impact the evaporation.

If there was no leak and the bucket was properly set up, the bucket and pool would have dropped the same amount due to evaporation ... so seems like you have a leak :(

Do you get any air in the pump basket or air bubbles in the returns into the pool ?

I would expect the water level in the bucket and pool to be about the same (evaporation rate).

3/4 inches a day seems like a lot to me... meaning in one week you would loose 5+ inches of water.... ?
or 10 inches over two weeks time...

What does your builder say?
No bubbles once the system gets primed.

Yes, feel it is excessive about 3-4 inches every 4 days before i add water since water level gets close to the plaster.

Waiti g to talk to the owner tomorrow. Initial finding by the project manager was no leak..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.