HELP: Pebble sheen aqua blue in the Bay area

We are set to go with pebble sheen aqua blue. However, we would love to see it in person just to be 100% sure (this finish color is driving us crazy :crazy:). Our PB could not find a pool to show us with this finish. So PLEASE, if you are located in the Bay area and you have pebble sheen aqua blue installed, would you mind letting us see your pool? Thank you!

I know and understand seeing them in person - sorry I'm not closer. Have you been able to see any "real pics" - attaching mine here. I'm in Dallas - build completed about 18 months ago - I've got Pebblesheen Aqua Blue. Would be glad to try any other pictures you'd like to see, I know nothing is like seeing it in person, but I'm a few miles away. If the wind will quit blowing and the water become very calm I could try a couple more pics directly into the pool. These were taken with an iPhone

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and post pics GDN. Beautiful pool! Do you think that aqua blue in person looks like the water color in the following pic (this is what we are trying to achieve)? Or would you say aqua blue is more green or lighter blue than this? Also, I love your deck and coping. Which stone and concrete color did you go with? Thanks!

View attachment 59933

I do not think the Aqua Blue depicts what is in that pic. That pic is a fairly vibrant blue. The Aqua blue is more muted than that and in fact the shallow pictures you see, almost more grey. We like how ours turned out, but I'm not sure it's what you are looking for in that picture. The deeper the water the more blue it turns, but I don't think it is that vibrant. My pool is about 5.5' deep at the deepest. Pebble Tec - has an iOS app where they try to show the colors of their products at varying depths of water. It's probably not too far off from our colors, but of course it's not exactly what the finished product will look like either - it's just hard to represent in photos.

The coping is an Oklahoma sandstone. It is very popular here (Dallas) and almost all of the PB's offer it as an option. The colors can vary some, but very happy with the way ours turned out. Google it and there are a lot of pictures. I'm not as big a fan of it if used in huge areas like a complete deck, etc, but think it is a good contrast to the pool and blend in to our deck.

I can not find the exact color of our deck, I don't have it in writing anywhere from the PB, I can tell you what the base color is - see attached pics - I kept the can from the base color. It has two other colors "speckled" on top of it to give the finished look. It is a cool deck. I'll unfortunately say that it is also dirty in my pic and needs a good power wash which it will get in a couple of weeks. It will lighten it up some.

I hope this helps, this is the hardest part of the build - just making sure you get the colors you want to achieve.

A couple more pics I snapped last night. It was some overcast an hour before sunset. You can see how the colors seem to change even with clouds overhead. First pic is in the hot tub, you can see the difference from 18" to 36" deep or so. Then pics of the deck paint can and codes.

Thank you so much!! I feel like I just looked at aqua blue through your eyes and this helps a ton!!!! We want to be sure about our final picks (gunite is in place, next water line tiles and rock work). We will be looking at those colors for years to come....no pressure.... This whole process is fun but also...madness :calm:

Thank you so much!! I feel like I just looked at aqua blue through your eyes and this helps a ton!!!! We want to be sure about our final picks (gunite is in place, next water line tiles and rock work). We will be looking at those colors for years to come....no pressure.... This whole process is fun but also...madness :calm:

I just recently picked out my stone and travertine which will start next week and next is the mini pebble finish and I couldn't agree more with your comment lol
It's only a lifetime we have to live with it and if we don't like it...... hey what's another 15-20k to fix it Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knowing you want something vibrant and blue - I only learned after finding this site that Pebble has some very cool bling you can add to any of their colors - shells and glass - it would have been a very nice addition to our pool, but PB didn't even tell us about the options. Partially our fault I guess, we told them our budget and we were pretty firm, but in the end we upgraded from plain plaster to the Pebblesheen and added automation - I wish for another $300 to $500 we could have had some very nice glitter and shine mixed in as well, but they didn't even try to upsell us.

This is how I picked French Gray pebble sheen without ever seeing it in a pool before. This is probably backwards from what most people do.

FIRST, I looked at all the pebble colors in the PebbleSheen sample, online and in the store. Did I like all of the individual pebbles in the sample? Did I like the base color of the sample? Keep in mind that the pebbles will not be distributed 1000% evenly in a rigid grid over the base color. It's a natural product that may have a bit more of one color here or there. I figured I couldn't be 100% sure what color the water would end up, but I did know what the base and the pebbles would be, right? You are also going to be seeing more of that "sample" look in the shallow areas, steps and seats. So you should really like that look.

SECOND, I searched online for every possible photo of a pool with French Gray pebblesheen. Only look at photos that you can 100% confirm are the color you are considering. So add "-pinterest" to whatever you are searching for, because pinterest is the worst for confirmation of facts....it's just pretty pictures from other sites. Save all the confirmed photos somewhere. Try different spellings too (i.e., French Gray/Grey PebbleSheen Pebble Sheen etc....). The water color of these pools all looked a little different (which makes sense: different depths, different times of day, different sun/clouds, different surroundings, etc....) BUT I did like how the water looked in all the pics I found. So I figured: chances are I will like whatever water color the French Gray gives us.

THIRD, I propped my iPad Pro on various spots outside by the pool and looked at the different "confirmed" pictures of French Gray Pebble Sheen that I had saved. I looked at them by the pool, from inside the house, etc... and tried to imagine seeing that color of water in our pool. Would it make me happy? When I decided yes, I knew that French Gray was the color for us even though we never saw it any where.

FOURTH, thanks to the great people here I knew to spring for the Shimmering Seas. Another thing I have never seen in a pool anywhere, but everyone here RAVES about their shells so I knew it was worth taking a chance on. And, WOW, it is awesome. My husband loves it too.

5AE6BCA1-085E-402E-899C-D4B49A94EE15.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.